• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Capt Frank

Feb 2, 2009
    Kent Island Maryland
    Just like to say, that I bought a Ruger 100 from dwhaly couple weeks ago and did the transfer at 2A Sales. Not only did the sale go smooth , but Mark at 2A Sales took care of all the paperwork without a glitch. It was also a great experience checking out all the great guns he carries in his shop. Stopped at “On Target “ on way home and ran a couple boxes 38’s as well as 357 through the Ruger and it’s sweet!

Attachments

• 004 ruger.jpg
      004 ruger.jpg
      48.2 KB · Views: 307
    • 005ruger.jpg
      005ruger.jpg
      82.2 KB · Views: 309

Capt Frank

Feb 2, 2009
    Kent Island Maryland
    Thanks everybody I have a Sig 229 that has been a lot of fun, but never had a wheel gun. The GP 100 has a great trigger pull and I like the weight. Looking forward to the next time I can shoot it.

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    One of my all-time favorite handguns. I have a 6" GP100. Not a huge fan of the newer Hogue grips though. While they are a tad more comfortable they are gigantic! I prefer the classic rubber boot with wood inserts:

dsc00193.jpg

(not trying to thread jack, I just like sharing that pic)

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    Looks just like mine! Agree on the new Hogue which looks horrible on GP100. However, when shooting the full power .357 rounds- I like it.

Screwtop.243

Ouch...that thing kicks
    Jul 7, 2011
    People's republic of MD
    I like the Hogue grips on mine, but hey, to each his own as they say. I have also seen the aftermarket full wood grips that look really nice. I may have to spring for a set of those (oe do they come as 1 peice?).

At the end of the day, the GP 100 is a great hunk of steel. They could have purple "Barney the Dinosaur" or rainbow grips on them for all I care. I'd still shoot mine with pride!

Goldslammer

MDS Supporter
    Nov 10, 2010
    Brooklyn Park
    One of my all-time favorite handguns. I have a 6" GP100. Not a huge fan of the newer Hogue grips though. While they are a tad more comfortable they are gigantic! I prefer the classic rubber boot with wood inserts:

dsc00193.jpg

(not trying to thread jack, I just like sharing that pic)

Bought one just like that this weekend from Gus at Accurate Pawn.
    Counting down the days till I can pick it up !

JRoCc

MDS Supporter
    Jun 2, 2010
    Earth
    Were you looking at it, or did you sell it to Gus ?

I snagged that up as soon as I laid eyes on it, was looking at one on Gunbroker that would have cost me $100+ more in shipping and FFL charges.

I had one on order and it was taking forever so I moved my deposit over to an in stock gun figuring I'd pick this one up since it was available...but when I checked back in the classifieds it was gone..lol Oh well. Guess I'll re-order one.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I have a set of the original wood insert grips, mine is now sporting the Hogues. She's a lot more comfortable to shoot now. And no, I'm not selling the originals.

Gundahar

Sep 4, 2011
    Great choice with the GP100. I love mine. However I did end up taking off the Lett grips and putting on the Hogues. It looks a bit worse, but my double action shooting improved miles (I had no idea that revolvers allow so much alteration to grip size).

Might want to check out the thread: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=75550&page=4

There is some cheap SD ammo to be had!

Gundahar

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom