• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • simplegreen

Professional Nerd
    I love my ruger, but i effin hate loading it. Anyone have/use a good speed loader? And have recommendations of mags that work well with said speed loaders. Only one i've found that looks like its worth anything is the one pictured below and all I see is terrible reviews on it.

SR40430.gif

stank

Lifes Good
    Oct 20, 2008
    Pasadena
    Shooters ridge is what I have and looks like what you posted. I have had it 8-9months and have loved it. I only loaded tactical innovation mags with it and it was a pleasure. Last time at the range I dropped it, probalbly about a dozen times it has hit the ground but this time it came apart, not broke, just came apart. I could not get the cam in the right sequence so I emailed them for some help and tehy said ship it to them and they will send me a new one. A+ product and customer service as far as I'm concerned. I have personally loaded 2500 + rounds with this loader.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    I had one of them and it cracked in half and it sucked, the manufacturer also makes magazines that are garbage too. I have another one that is a shaded clear color that is awesome, tommorow I will dig it out and post what it is.

CKOD

Jan 30, 2009
    forget the speedloader, details on that quad stack magazine? lol

edit: ahh crap, dissapointment, just a dual stack and catching the reflection off the magazine spring making it look like there could be another stack or 2.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I've been happy with the butler creek loader and mags, you do need to occasionally squirt some powdered graphite in them to keep them running good, but they work just fine. If you take your time and turn the knob slowly, you can load up 25 and 50rd BC mags relatively quickly without jamming the loader up.

boatbod

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2007
    Talbot Co
    I've been happy with the butler creek loader and mags, you do need to occasionally squirt some powdered graphite in them to keep them running good, but they work just fine. If you take your time and turn the knob slowly, you can load up 25 and 50rd BC mags relatively quickly without jamming the loader up.

My Butler Creek loader must be a lemon - all it does is bend the rounds as it forces them into the magazine. To be honest I've not spent any time trying to diagnose why - I got frustrated and tossed it into a corner.

Any tips for making it work properly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom