• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I find the 795 magazines very difficult to load

I have a 795 and Stainless 60. The Marlin 795 is fun, but the mags are a pain to load, my thumbs and fingertips hate them. I really like the Marlin 60, stainless with wood stock. I bought the metal triggerguard and trigger, and upgraded to a Simmons .22 silver scope.For the price, the Simmons scopes aare pretty decent.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    What's the perfect scope rating for one of these 22's? I'm sure the one that it come with isn't the best so I wanted to search out another polished aluminum piece to match the rifle. Bushnell or other?

3-9x32 seem to work well for me on both guns. 3x you can shoot with both eyes open plinking steels, 9x gives you decent accuracy to 50 yards or so

Old Gaffer

Jun 26, 2006
    OK, I have 3 Marlins (one's really a Glenfield, but really...) and two 10/22s; DW has one of each.

I think out of the box that the Marlin 60s are more accurate. I think out of the box the 10/22's have better triggers. I can do my own trigger job on either one - if you can't, then the 10/22 drop in kits are the way to go.

I've added trigger overtravel screws to all my guns (except the 10/22 I just got) and all the 10/22s have extended mag releases.

If you like iron sights, the Tech Sights are THE way to go for either gun, and as far as scopes go, I'm rather liking the Centerpoint 4-16 X 40 that WalMart has for about $70 right now for a .22 scope.

And to the guy from Bowie that keeps his Marlin 60 in the safe, pm me ;)

TBAGRR

Feb 12, 2009
    Edgewater
    I would say Marlin 60 all the way if your not modding. I've never personally taken a 10/22 apart but my 60 is very easy to disassemble to once you take the 2 screws out of the stock

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom