• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paulstitz

Jun 19, 2010
    Cockeysville
    My daughter pick one up at Dick's in Hunt Valley a few weeks ago, standard carbine walnut stock. They seen to be available more often the last month or so.

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    If anyone sees a pink 10/22 my girlfriend would like one, so please shoot me a PM! (Or any pink 22LR semi-auto that isn't a youth model)

The Watcher

Armed and Medicated
    May 6, 2013
    Upperco, MD
    Shh! I was just there. They have a couple of Takedowns for three sixty.

But, please keep it quiet. I'm trying to decide between it and the Savage and Remington. Both of them are cheaper and have scopes.

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Continental in Timonium has a pink one. They want 389.99.

I gotta say, I defended Continental for quite some time, while others have ragged on them.

They always treated me well for the 3 years or so that I've been buying guns there, and using the range.

But I have to say, their service and attitude has really gone down the crapper lately.

I wanted to do a transfer there with a fellow MDS member a couple of months ago, and they gave us real attitude about not calling them and scheduling it, and how busy the transfer backlog was, blah blah blah.

I was also there a few weeks ago ready and willing to purchase a rifle, but it seemed they were far too busy discussing what chinese food they were going to order.

While most of the other staff just stood around chatting rather than providing customer service.

Just my 0.02 cents, I think they're going to lose a lot of business if they don't buck up.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    Dicks HV. 3 takedowns. They had 2 carbines but they sold in the ten minutes I was there.

DocAitch

Jun 22, 2011
    North of Baltimore
    My son has a takedown and I find it to be as accurate as my other one. It will reliably return to zero if you work the action 6-7 times after reassembling it.
    DocAitch

The Watcher

Armed and Medicated
    May 6, 2013
    Upperco, MD
    I have to admit, they are not what I would call that eager for your business.

But, I find that a lot in certain areas around Baltimore. No matter what type of business it is, even with a bad economy. They just have this attitude that says "your are to insignificant for me to bother with". And, they are doing you a BIG favor by taking your money.

I don't find that nearly as prevalent north and west of Hunt Valley.

surprisinglyminty

Feb 5, 2013
    I have to admit, they are not what I would call that eager for your business.

But, I find that a lot in certain areas around Baltimore. No matter what type of business it is, even with a bad economy. They just have this attitude that says "your are to insignificant for me to bother with". And, they are doing you a BIG favor by taking your money.

I don't find that nearly as prevalent north and west of Hunt Valley.

I completely understand what you are talking about.

I've finally have enough funds to purchase a new firearm and whenever I walk into these places, almost no attention is given. Now, I am not high maintenance in any way, shape or form but I still would like to be treated like a valued customer...

Last edited:

awdnick2986

MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2013
    Ok, so Dicks is going to be your best bet. I was in Dick's and Walmart in PA last month and both had the carbine and Takedown models. The Dick's and Walmart around MD get them in but it seems Dick's more often than Walmart. I talked to a sales guy at Dick's and he said to ask if they have a certain gun like the 10/22 because if they only get a handful in they won't put them out because of the paperwork they have to go through to tag it and hang it for it to sell out that day. The Dick's in Crofton said they had 10 10/22's come in and it took a week to sell them all out but they didn't put any on display. My buddy bought the takedown model from the same Dick's. As for availablity, the 10/22 is one of the most modified gun on the market and its cheap so it stands to reason they will be popular. I heard from one of the Gun shops that Ruger's plant on the east coast (which is the only plant the manufactures the 10/22 and all ther rifles) got hit by Hurricane Sandy bad and that was causing alot of backup. Hope this helps.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Dicks in Hagerstown has 2 decent looking birchwood / black carbines for $239 and one 10/22TD for $359.

Their gun rack was stuffed and most ammo with the exception of 22lr was stocked.

WalMart was crickets...

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    I completely understand what you are talking about.

I've finally have enough funds to purchase a new firearm and whenever I walk into these places, almost no attention is given. Now, I am not high maintenance in any way, shape or form but I still would like to be treated like a valued customer...
    Go to Engage in Rockville.

MXSteve89

Nov 12, 2012
    I need to buy a regular Ruger 10/22 today for my girlfriends birthday... If anyone knows where i can get one around the southern Maryland area for 250ish, i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

The Watcher

Armed and Medicated
    May 6, 2013
    Upperco, MD
    I made up my mind yesterday. Because Dick's actually gave me credit. And, 10% off anything I bought.

So I went to the Westminster Store, they had a slightly larger selection of scopes than Hunt Valley. I bought the last 10/22 takedown they had available and a Center Point scope.

Unfortunately the tech had problems trying to mount the scope. So I have to wait for the backordered mounting base I ordered from Ruger.

By the way Ruger does not have "all" the bases listed in the owners manual. You can't find them in 10/22 parts. You have to search for mounting bases. Then you only get two choices. And, their rings will not mount on the 10/22 base either.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    My son has a takedown and I find it to be as accurate as my other one. It will reliably return to zero if you work the action 6-7 times after reassembling it.
    DocAitch

That is the trick and in instruction, work the action a number of times and I have no problem returning to zero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom