• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    One would have to accept the premise that a president is supposed to do something for us. Most all of them have done things to us.

The other difference is that the current one hates the country.

Nice twofer. I really do not expect government to do much if anything for me. I do get the feeling we may be supporting a couple families with what we get fleeced every year. Getting Presidential candidates that love the country could near be taken for granted before Obama came along. Depressing how the majority of voters feel about the country.

Sharp

Feb 21, 2015
    Calvert
    SDI / Star Wars was a terrific win in pure poker bluff style.

True, but its also interesting to consider how much of a gamble it was in terms of political stability. When the Soviets believed the project was real, they were terrified because it would mean that the U.S. was immune to a retaliatory nuclear strike. Without the fear of mutually assured destruction, they were convinced that the U.S. would launch a first strike, which put them on much higher alert and put much more serious consideration into their own plans for a first strike. Many historians believe that this time period was the most at risk for an accidental or intentional nuclear war because of that.

Kiev88cm

KB3ZKX
    Sep 24, 2009
    IMO the point of the thread is to stir up strong differences of opinion on a subject that has been argued here ad nauseum. In my opinion that is all the OP wants, not an actual intelligent discussion by rational people. Note his non participation in the thread once his grenade was tossed. real classy.

You know agent provocateur and all that

YMMV
    Hey, I've done my share ...sometimes i think it's good to stir the pot. ...I'd argue that the Civil War did the most to destroy our modern liberties, but that's too involved , and I've had a crap day.
    I think our 2nd Amendment fight should focus on the current wicked bastards.

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    Interesting comments on the op. Let me let you all in on how I xame to post this. I started out goggling The Black Panther (T'Challa the comic book character not the political party)....Avenger AOU is coming out soon and I wanted to know if there would be a cameo of Black Panther. There is a whole lot of information online about the Black Panther Party, Mulford Act Etc. Read about the Party's run in with California legislature. ... eventually I came across this Reagan video. No grenade, no angle. Just a truthful post.

I posted the video and a statement. Both was the truth, and cannot be logically refuted. Guess what you will about my motive. It was a gun related post. Appreciate it for what it is and perhaps debate the matter with truth and facts if you want. I know this.... I believe that Luke 6:45 is true and people proved it with some of their responses to my thread. I meant to check in on this earlier but I was busy with my kids since they are out of school for spring break.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Interesting comments on the op. Let me let you all in on how I xame to post this. I started out goggling The Black Panther (T'Challa the comic book character not the political party)....Avenger AOU is coming out soon and I wanted to know if there would be a cameo of Black Panther. There is a whole lot of information online about the Black Panther Party, Mulford Act Etc. Read about the Party's run in with California legislature. ... eventually I came across this Reagan video. No grenade, no angle. Just a truthful post.

I posted the video and a statement. Both was the truth, and cannot be logically refuted. Guess what you will about my motive. It was a gun related post. Appreciate it for what it is and perhaps debate the matter with truth and facts if you want. I know this.... I believe that Luke 6:45 is true and people proved it with some of their responses to my thread. I meant to check in on this earlier but I was busy with my kids since they are out of school for spring break.

How do you explain the god that failed miserably, you know, the one you voted for twice. :)

Had no idea the comic existed till you came alone.... I quit when they said "still 12 cents" on the cover. ;)

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    How do you explain the god that failed miserably, you know, the one you voted for twice. :)

Had no idea the comic existed till you came alone.... I quit when they said "still 12 cents" on the cover. ;)

I have Only one God, Jesus And he never failed. I have one boss, my wife. Lol.

I quit buying comics when they got past $2.50. I know keep up with my comics on comicvine.com .

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

Why post the thread in MD 2A issues instead of National 2A (not that it is a current issue) or the Water Cooler? Weird thing to post, especially as Reagan's anti-2A actions have been noted over and over again on this forum, and walk away from.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    I have Only one God, Jesus And he never failed. I have one boss, my wife. Lol.

I quit buying comics when they got past $2.50. I know keep up with my comics on comicvine.com .

1 stinkn issue is $2.50???? :eek: Not even a giant annual??? Your false god didn't seem to like Christians the other day yet again. :sad20: Wanna recall your votes? :) Note I refer to him as god NOT God, there is a difference you know.

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    For the liberals on this board trashing Reagan, I don't think it's about having a a favorite. They're just trying to divert attention from the incredibly poor performance of their champion who currently resides in the Oval Office. Kind of a..."yeah I know my guy sucks but LOOK! SHINY OBJECT! YOUR GUY WASN'T PERFECT!!!"
    i'm just trying to figure out why this forum would be swarming with Reagan-hating, Obama-loving liberals. maybe some people just don't think Reagan was great on guns?

not sure WHY the thread was posted, but i would imagine even gun owners can have differing opinions on Reagan.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    i'm just trying to figure out why this forum would be swarming with Reagan-hating, Obama-loving liberals. maybe some people just don't think Reagan was great on guns?

not sure WHY the thread was posted, but i would imagine even gun owners can have differing opinions on Reagan.

Because it's free and it wasn't until a year or 2 ago the Boss Hogg even took any monetary donations.

Ain't up to me but Id like to see small mandatory annual dues.:)

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    The one thing that bothered me was how the Social Security fund was used for the generl funds to the tune of 2.3 trillion big ones. That money was never paid back. My FIL and I got into a heated argument over it when it happened. He said the money would be paid back I said BS and here we are 32 years and waiting for those IOUs to be paid.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    The one thing that bothered me was how the Social Security fund was used for the generl funds to the tune of 2.3 trillion big ones. That money was never paid back. My FIL and I got into a heated argument over it when it happened. He said the money would be paid back I said BS and here we are 32 years and waiting for those IOUs to be paid.
    Please don't say it................

lockbox21.gif

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Guess I'll be the odd man out ...

The context in Reagan's OP video response was fully automatic AKs "machine guns" for home defense. The "assault weapon" terminology and attacks on ARs weren't mainstream until Sarah Brady and company started rolling during the Clinton administration. Reagan was no longer President in 1989 when the OP video was made. He was suffering from dementia and would be dead from Alzheimer's 5 years later. He was literally out of his mind when he supported the Brady Bill (93/94), very near the time of his diagnosis.

Show me the Reagan presidency era anti-gun legislation. The only major gun legislation passed during his presidency was the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986. It was far from perfect and I won't defend it, but it did amended the Gun Control Act of 1968 by repealing parts of the original act that were deemed by studies to be unconstitutional

“the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive.” -Ronald Reagan

...QFT

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010

It is true that a red light means stop. And if that red light is in front of a school you would be in violation of the thousand feet from a school law if you stood under it with a gun.

But that has nothing to do with Maryland 2A issues either... and would be a subject for the water cooler sub forum. Ronald Reagan is NOT a subject for this section and has not been since leaving the White House...

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    Why post the thread in MD 2A issues instead of National 2A (not that it is a current issue) or the Water Cooler? Weird thing to post, especially as Reagan's anti-2A actions have been noted over and over again on this forum, and walk away from.

Posting in Maryland 2A was a mistake. I intended to post it in National 2A.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    True, but its also interesting to consider how much of a gamble it was in terms of political stability. When the Soviets believed the project was real, they were terrified because it would mean that the U.S. was immune to a retaliatory nuclear strike. Without the fear of mutually assured destruction, they were convinced that the U.S. would launch a first strike, which put them on much higher alert and put much more serious consideration into their own plans for a first strike. Many historians believe that this time period was the most at risk for an accidental or intentional nuclear war because of that.

Naval gazing and arm chair quarterbacking are useless. The strategy worked.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    Naval gazing and arm chair quarterbacking are useless. The strategy worked.

Right!

The actions of one American president dramatically changed the world that we live in today by removing the ominous cold war threat that loomed over our heads. It was a calculated risk not a reckless endeavor. Do we still live in a dangerous world? Yes, but it's much less dangerous than being under the constant threat of world wide nuclear war and virtual annihilation. If he had a (D) by his name instead of an (R) he would have been considered a genius.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom