• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usmcdad

May 15, 2010
    I received the following survey request from MD Senator Ron Young, sent I'm sure to all registered voters. See link at the bottom:

"This past week marks the beginning of the 430th Legislative Session of the Maryland General Assembly. While I am spending these 90 days reviewing and discussing legislation with my colleagues and balancing the Fiscal Year 2013 budget, constituent service remains my number one priority.

To best help me know what issues are important to you, please click here to take my 2012 Legislative Survey."

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dExRMVJvQTRzNUVsakh2bWF4UTdNYUE6MA

jmira

VA Rocks.
    Mar 25, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    I don't even live in MD and I had fun taking this...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-01-17 at 5.41.04 PM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2012-01-17 at 5.41.04 PM.jpg
      35.9 KB · Views: 251

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    I received the following survey request from MD Senator Ron Young, sent I'm sure to all registered voters. See link at the bottom:

A lot of "Other" responses. Seems that the Senator has a little bit of a limited view on several issues.

As for the last optional response, I wrote the following...

Among the more important issues the legislature needs to act on, is the right of Marylanders to be in-line with the majority of the Nation, and have a reasonable, attainable option to carry concealed firearms for self-defense. As a father, husband, son, and grandfather, I find it abhorrent that I am [essentially] required to leave the state to exercise my rights under the Constitution, yet am denied this fundamental right in my own home state. Please consider this--and the known fact that an armed populace reduces the threat of crime in every state where carry laws are more reasonable.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    A lot of "Other" responses. Seems that the Senator has a little bit of a limited view on several issues.

As for the last optional response, I wrote the following...

Among the more important issues the legislature needs to act on, is the right of Marylanders to be in-line with the majority of the Nation, and have a reasonable, attainable option to carry concealed firearms for self-defense. As a father, husband, son, and grandfather, I find it abhorrent that I am [essentially] required to leave the state to exercise my rights under the Constitution, yet am denied this fundamental right in my own home state. Please consider this--and the known fact that an armed populace reduces the threat of crime in every state where carry laws are more reasonable.

We addressed the same subject, but you said it better than I.

ffemtreed

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2011
    Wilmington, NC
    Please review the states firearm laws. Most of them are archaic and don't do anything to prevent and solve crimes. I am talking about laws like the "spent shell casing law", the 7 day waiting period that was implemented before the nationwide instant check system was popular. The handgun registry board, which is inefficient and serves no purpose other than to delay new models of firearms for sale and hurts collectors because they have a hard time obtaining firearms with low serial numbers in matched sets.

Remove the good and substantial clause from the states concealed carry permit process so that any law abiding citizen can carry a firearm for self defense if they feel the need to. Wisconsin did that last year and it has been nothing but a success. Almost every other state in the country issues permits for their residents for self protection, the "Free State" shouldn't be any different.

This would help solve a couple problems in the budget. #1 additional sales tax from firearms sales, reduces the state police involvement in the sales so they could use that manpower towards investigating criminals. The CCW permit sales would increase state revenue.

Tried to keep it short and on point.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan

"This past week marks the beginning of the 430th Legislative Session of the Maryland General Assembly. While I am spending these 90 days reviewing and discussing legislation with my colleagues and balancing the Fiscal Year 2013 budget, constituent service remains my number one priority.

To best help me know what issues are important to you, please click here to take my 2012 Legislative Survey."

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dExRMVJvQTRzNUVsakh2bWF4UTdNYUE6MA

I took the survey.. thanks for the link. Does anyone think it'll do any good?

usmcdad

May 15, 2010
    Very well said, ffmentreed. I focused on self defense, decreases in violent crime in jurisdictions passing "real" shall issue, etc.

SkunkWerX

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2010
    MoCo/HoCo border
    I told him to STOP TAXING hard working Marylanders and CUT SPENDING!
    We The People are watching.

Public Safety: Also told him that the many states with Concealed Carry/Shall Issue have seen a decrease in crime since adopting it.
    Not only does it NOT cost anything to the state, it actually causes revenue by way of citizens paying the permit fees.
    Crime decreases and it doesn't require the hiring of hundreds more police officers to accomplish it.

The senator's multiple choice questions were very narrow sighted, as in, "Should we spend on this, this, or That?"
    I checked [x] OTHER often and hammered home CUT SPENDING, REDUCE GOVERNMENT.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    That survey is so friggin bent.

You when the questions are phrased in the manner of :

To balance the budget should we kill grandma, fire the police and firefighters or raise taxes. Like WTF.

I'm from Frederick and Young, like his son, is an asshat.

The Senator is pro tax and anti gun and basically performed felatio on Mr. Busch and Miller for his Senate seat. Alex Mooney was and till is his own brand of feces but man was that campaign ugly.

JasonN3ZBO

Sep 7, 2010
    Lovettsville, VA
    That survey is so friggin bent.

You when the questions are phrased in the manner of :

To balance the budget should we kill grandma, fire the police and firefighters or raise taxes. Like WTF.

I'm from Frederick and Young, like his son, is an asshat.

The Senator is pro tax and anti gun and basically performed felatio on Mr. Busch and Miller for his Senate seat. Alex Mooney was and till is his own brand of feces but man was that campaign ugly.
    I couldn't agree more with your assessment of the Young's.

captchaos1

Feb 7, 2011
    Wow. That sure says alot about his mind set. Things will never improve in Maryland, with people like him "leading" the state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom