• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Just trying to be free
    Jan 21, 2012
    I have Fox news on in the back round and in the speech at the NRA in St. Louis right now, Romney just called out Obama and his attack on 2A. Romney said he will protect our 2A rights, he is for the right to bear arms. Now I expect him to be 2A friendly at a NRA conference, but atleast he is taking a side and it is a clear position.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I'm listening to him....Same old political rhetoric. What would you expect him to say in front of the NRA crowd? "I have a shi$$y 2a record but listen....I'm on your side. I'm going to protect your 2a rights"

Romney has been abysmal on 2A.

I have Fox news on in the back round and in the speech at the NRA in St. Louis right now, Romney just called out Obama and his attack on 2A. Romney said he will protect our 2A rights, he is for the right to bear arms. Now I expect him to be 2A friendly at a NRA conference, but atleast he is taking a side and it is a clear position.

Just trying to be free
    Jan 21, 2012
    I agree (as I said in my original post) he wouldn't say any thing other than favorable at a NRA function.

Just thought it was interesting as it is a clear difference over the incumbent, today!

The post speech analysis brought up how he got beat up in 08 over his "gun control" stance as a gov etc.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I hear ya. Just sick of these politicians that don't really care and are in it for power.

Newt is on now! Everytime he talks...he sounds sad. (I mean the tone in his voice...sounds like he's depressed)

I agree (as I said in my original post) he wouldn't say any thing other than favorable at a NRA function.

Just thought it was interesting as it is a clear difference over the incumbent, today!

The post speech analysis brought up how he got beat up in 08 over his "gun control" stance as a gov etc.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I am not up to snuff on his record in MA, but what laws did he approve or put in place during his time as governor? I wonder if his "anti" stance was just to cater to the liberal state? Not that it makes a difference or is ok to do that.

jkray

Jul 13, 2011
    Germantown
    I agree with all of you but at least he accepted to talk at an NRA function. I bet even if they offered to Obama he would have rejected it immediately. Also now there is something to hold him to if he does get into office.

Baumer

Jan 21, 2010
    No Doubt Mr. Romney doesn't have a great record on 2A, but I think it's worth pointing out that much has changed in the last decade or so. My assumption is if an AWB had been put on the ballot in liberal MA during Romney's time as governor it would have passed.

I guess my point is that lots of ordinary folks and the American people as a whole have changed their attitude on 2A since Romney was governor, perhaps Romney has also. The only thing I am certain of is that if we give the President another SC appointment it will be anti 2A.

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    OK...

And a second go-round with Sheikh Barry-o al Hawai'i would make that look like child's play, IMO.

Didn't say BO didn't stink (see what I did there?), I just didn't want people to get fooled by the etch-a-sketch.

Maybe he'll adopt the NRA line, maybe he won't.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Didn't say BO didn't stink (see what I did there?), I just didn't want people to get fooled by the etch-a-sketch.

Maybe he'll adopt the NRA line, maybe he won't.

Right there with you...

But if we can't have a REAL conservative, I'll at least taks someone that plays one on TV (with words on the record we can try to hold him to).

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    Nearly everyone in MA is an anti. We go to Boston for Christmas every couple of years. I made the mistake of bringing a rifle once so I could punch paper in NH with some others in the family. You would have thought I had killed the kid's dog and was eating it raw in the living room.

I don't like Romney because he sways with the wind but at this stage the wind is in our favor in terms of 2A so I'll pull the lever for him without question.

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    Nearly everyone in MA is an anti. We go to Boston for Christmas every couple of years. I made the mistake of bringing a rifle once so I could punch paper in NH with some others in the family. You would have thought I had killed the kid's dog and was eating it raw in the living room.

I don't like Romney because he sways with the wind but at this stage the wind is in our favor in terms of 2A so I'll pull the lever for him without question.

For me, it's more than his 2A stance. It's also Romneycare.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    If BOTH Obamarx and Romney are anti-2A, which one would be more likely NOT listen to 45% of us or 52 million American households owning 260 million guns ?

ABO 2012

That's the problem. It's not listening to 45% of us or 52 million American households. IF those figures are correct (I think the percentage is a little high, but whatever) only a small, vocal minority of gun owners actually care enough to change their vote, write letters, etc. What we should be doing is spending more time introducing more people to the shooting sports, to firearms as defensive tools, and convincing the gun owners who AREN'T standing up for their rights to do so.

Personally, I don't like Obama OR Romney. For many reasons. I think Obama is more likely than Romney to erode the second amendment, but a Romney presidency doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy, that's for sure.

Not to mention he's not going to win.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Not to mention he's not going to win.

Either way, what WILL be needed are congressional wins in both houses with people who will stand up to protect 2A. But, that still may not stop The One from drafting EO edicts that can't be overturned by other than a super majority (2/3 of Congress) or SCOTUS ... and you KNOW he will finish stacking the court if he wins. He will turn into Hugo Chavez on steroids.

It's going to be another 'hold your nose and vote' election for POTUS, and I believe that if Obamarx is re-elected, 2A will be on his front burner for the YEARS to come ... with advocates like us jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

Don't succumb the the 'perfect storm' from the left ...

ABO 2012

or AMMO UP !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom