• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeCee

May 8, 2013
    Another great outing for me and my daughter. While we still have a lot to learn, we are just having a great time with this shoot, in spite of the heat!

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Match Report for Today's Event

All --

Thanks for the hardcore folks for braving the heat today.:mad54:

Despite the heat, you-all shot very well and there were surprisingly few firearms malfunctions.

The next match is Sunday, 18 August @ 0900 sharp. Subscribe to this thread for the CoF and updates.
    The heat should be starting to taper-off by mid-August.:fingerscrossed:

Thanks as always to the Match-Team volunteers, for making these events happen.

John

P.S. Note to self: ensure magazine is loaded before commencing a string-of-fire. Listen to Glen when he says "I don't think that you have topped-off.". Doh! JWM

Attachments

• SLSC Rimfire Steel Match Report for 21 July 2013.pdf
      360.4 KB · Views: 162

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    Thanks to all the volunteers for another good match. A little hot but a good time none the less. No donuts this time but plenty of water and Gatorade. Thanks for the tour and my app is on the way.

potentm1a

Jul 25, 2012
    Rimfire Steel Matches at Sanner's Lake 18 AUG 13

Combined Rifle & Pistol Matches using 22LR firearms.

We host matches at Sanner's Lake Sportsmen's Club on the third Sunday of each month. This one is on 18 AUG. Safety-briefing is at 0900. You MUST attend the sSafety Brief to shoot, so be on time. Matches are open to the public -- show-up between 0800 - 0900.

The rules are attached. Our only exception is that we DO allow "hi-cap" mags.

Loaner guns are available.

Prizes include Beretta NEOS pistols that are raffled-off among the participants.

Match-director is Tim Wilson, potent_45cal@yahoo.com. Feel free to post any questions on this thread.

I need three RSO's and three Scorekeepers that are willing to show up at 0800 to help set up and stay to help tear down and put away. I need someone to open the gate to let non-members in and issue waiver forms. Any other volunteers are always welcome to help with setup and tear down.

Tim

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    In case of weather-cancellation...

Weather looks iffy for tomorrow. Is the match still going on as planed?

In case of a weather-induced cancellation, potentm1a will post the cancellation notice on this thread by ~0700-0730 tomorrow AM.

I am outta town this week and PotentM1A is running tomorrow's match.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    this could be doable...anything crazy I need to know or just show up and shoot?

It will be great to see you there, Steve.:thumbsup:

It's a VERY easy match format, intending to be welcoming to new shooters -- so will be a piece of cake for you.

Bring a pistol and a rifle (we usually have loaner guns if needed) and ~300+ rounds of 22LR.

I'll probably be posting the planned stages tomorrow or Thursday. Again, these are simple compared to IDPA or USPSA. They are all steel, shot from a static position and designed to be completed with 11 rounds or less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom