• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    Im totally at a loss,I want to scope my Ruger MkII Pac Lite and I dont know where to start. I am thinking a 2x20 but I see alot of these off brands like BSA and NCstar and the list goes on and I know theyre crappo brand but will these things hold a zero? I see other scopes from the more reputable brands like Nikon(my favorite) but theyre ranging up with the riflescopes... im willing to take any suggestions even red dot if someone has used it and likes it but I dont wanna break the bank but im bored of my irons and I want to try out some good optics for target shooting that dont add alot of weight to the really lightweight pistol.

so anyone with some personal experience please guide me in the right direction

this is what I would LOVE to have

http://www.opticsplanet.net/custom-leupold-m8-2x20mm-eer-handgun-rifle-scope.html

but Id settle for something like this if someone tells me it will hold a tight group and is lightweight and clear

http://www.optic-sales.com/proddetail.asp?prod=NC_SPB220B

and if anyone has a line on someone gettin rid of something then lemme know

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    IMO--Look no further than the Fast Fire. It will do anything you want that pistol to do-especially with the suppressor on it.
    I think Jeep even has one on his Ruger/Pac-lite combo if you want to check it out.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    The fast fire is awesome if you plan on shooting within about 50 yards,and lines up faster than the open sights but if you want to shoot further and slower, my 4x simmons pro hunter has served me well on my buckmark out to 100 yards. I had it on a 44mag before I put it on my 22, and it held zero just fine, I would avoid anything of a higher magnification, or one with adjustable magnification, they are not as bright unless you get into the really expensive stuff, and the field of view is so small, it is hard to shoot with unless you are shooting prone, or from a bench, 2x just doesn't have enough magnification to help at longer ranges, and is a whole lot more cumbersome, and harder to shoot than a red dot.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    im thinking the fastfire because of the size,how would you recommend mounting that onto a pac lite? i wish it would go right into the rear sights position like on other pistols

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    i know it sounds crazy but I bet some sort of adapter could be made to make a fastfire fit into the pac light rear sight spot,it doesnt even have to be for a ruger it could just as easily be like a 1911 or whatever you can find with a small mount

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    Ok I was at gunconnection and I found what I was looking for,its attached to the Tac Sol rail.

Bushnell Trophy Red Dot 30 MM, I dont know if I like the rings but ill find out how well they work,Id like to get some that can quick disconnect maybe or be lower to the rail or maybe over and unders that arent to high. This pistol is like a confused plinker/target pistol I know but I like it.

Attachments

• reddot.jpg
      reddot.jpg
      79.2 KB · Views: 98

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads