• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    All,

I am looking to thin the herd a bit so I have a number of rifles I am going to be putting up for sale. I will be taking pictures in the next day or two and will update accordingly. But I wanted to give our fellow MDS members a list.

For the most part this is C&R or antiques. There is one exception which you'll notice. Prices are as listed and offers will only be accepted within reason. This is not a desperation sale but rather to clear a bit of space in the safe and give good homes to stuff I am not using or shooting. My interests have changed a bit and I want to make room for stuff that is catching my fancy.

Terms are:

C&R or modern rifles: MD residents only. Must produce ID and be willing to sign a bill of sale or provide me a copy of your FFL03.

Antiques: Anyone, anywhere. Must provide bill of sale and buyer pays actual shipping costs.

Items:

Savage FVT Mark 1 .22LR target rifle with micrometer peep sights and web sling. Includes original manual and front sight inserts for different forward sights (post, rings, etc). Perhaps 50 rounds through it. Excellent condition.
    Modern. $300.

Turkish Gew.88 8mm Mauser. Serial #8502. Non-matching from what I can tell but no numbers on most parts. Good bore and in fair condition. Typical reworked Turkish Gew.88 in 8mm Mauser. Antique. $300.

1891 Loewe Berlin Gew.88 Commission Rifle. Serial # 6378. Bolt is non-matching with replica sling. Original barrel shroud and cleaning rod. No dents in shroud. Most blue present, bore is fair to good, no evident pitting. Wood is in good shape. This is an "S" bore rifle rechambered to 8mm Mauser. Antique. $450.

1891 Steyr Gew.88 Commission Rifle. Serial #5446. Most parts matching from what I can see. Bolt is mismatched. Barrel shroud is present but has several small dents typical of Gew.88s. Stock appears to have been refinished at some point but otherwise in good shape. Rifling is good with some rounding on the lands but still shiny. This is the much rarer original "J" bore rifle that is in the original .318 8mm Mauser J chambering versus the later "S" .323 8mm. Antique. $550.

Note: I will offer a deal on the Gew.88s if taken as the Steyr/Loewe pair or all three together. If you want the two original Gew.88s (Loewe/Steyr), the pair is $650. If you want all three, I'll let you have them for $800.

M1895 Chilean Mauser Cavalry Carbine. Serial #9153. Bolt is mismatched. Original patina and blue is around 30 percent with silver/brown patina typical of such rifles. Wood is fair with numerous dents and scratches. Bore is fair to good. Silver appearance with minimal pitting and rounded lands. Antique. $200.

Traditions/Pietta 1851 Colt Navy US Marshall .44 Revolver. This is a new-in-box, never fired steel .44 cap-and-ball revolver. Walnut grips, brass frame, polished steel and engraved barrel. Antique/black powder. $250.

French MAS36 bolt action rifle. Very good to excellent condition. Sharp shiny bore. Wood in excellent shape, original spike bayonet attached and original sling. Never fired in my possession. Includes several boxes of Prvi 7.5mm French ammunition, Boxer primed and reloadable. 7.5mm French reloading dies. C&R. $550.

Note: I also have a original French Campana training device with all of the wires and original manual meant for use for indoor training with the MAS36, 49 and 49/56. Add $50 to above if you want it. $75 otherwise.

PM with any questions and I will update this thread with picture in the next couple of days. I will entertain discounts on multiple purchases. Generally not interested in trades unless you've got a Winchester Model 70 in .30-06 with the heavy varmint barrel or similar earlier Remington 700 in .308 or a .22LR Enfield trainer.

Matt

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Please use the classifieds for stuff like this, and not the discussion forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom