• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Ok, I have spoken with KT Mech and they will do a holster but the closest mold they have is the springer full rail. Has anyone here had a holster made specific to the RIA? I measured the slide and it's a hair narrower than the reported width of the springer. I'd really like an ALS but safariland had no interest when I spoke to them. Have to go with kydex and friction retention.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Ok, I have spoken with KT Mech and they will do a holster but the closest mold they have is the springer full rail. Has anyone here had a holster made specific to the RIA? I measured the slide and it's a hair narrower than the reported width of the springer. I'd really like an ALS but safariland had no interest when I spoke to them. Have to go with kydex and friction retention.
    If its like most kydex holsters there is a little room for tensioning whether its a kydex taco or kydex on a backing media. Most use rubber rings or pieces of rubber hose cut down to adjust retention.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    If its like most kydex holsters there is a little room for tensioning whether its a kydex taco or kydex on a backing media. Most use rubber rings or pieces of rubber hose cut down to adjust retention.
    Yeah, those bushings/orings/etc are always on the dust jacket side of the holster and I am looking for a light bearing model which will almost certainly obviate that feature. Even in a non light model it would alter the fit on the frame portion, not the slide portion where the variance is.

Part of why I like ALS holsters so much. The lock indexes on the forward edge of the breech opening in the slide. No tension issues to mess with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom