• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magnum

Feb 5, 2007
    New Windsor, Maryland
    You see, here in Maryland, we as gun owners are second class citizens thanks largly to the work of the Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Commitee, Sen Brian Frosh. Sen Frosh thinks that we're nuts. Those are his exact words. Problem is, bills that favor our cause such as a clear Castle Doctrine statute or a CCW bill, have to pass through his committee and he doesn't like them, so they die, in his committee without a vote.

Now this is what I can not understand. First, good post joppaj, and let me say I do what can to help our cause. I make phone calls and write letters. I try to encourage people that I meet to help us.

What gives this moron Frosh the right to stop the bills in the committee when the the rest of the committee members have voted for some bill to pass. But if it is something that Frosh does not like, he will sit on it until it dies.
    Man, I get so fired up about this idiot that thinks he decide what gets passed or vetoed. He does not have the sole power on these matters, we do. The people. Not him. He works for us. What he thinks is a good or bad bill is not up to him to decide. Maryland citizens have the power over him.
    What gives him the right to stop a bill over the rest of the committee members? The people need to grab this guy by his stupid little bow tie and drag his butt off the seat.
    If a bill has the majority of votes to pass, why won`t the committee members over ride him?
    Alright, I vented my thoughts. I better stop now before I say things that should not be said.

BrianinMd

Feb 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Maryland
    Magnum, I see you have finally gotten the fact that the "elected officials" are going to do exactly what they want and to hell with what the constituents want. Well, there is the power of the vote, so, next time his seat comes up for election, you know which way to vote. On the other hand, writing letters and talking to people is another good way to go about it. It's going to take alot to clean up this state. Keep at it on your end and I'll keep at it on mine!

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Maybe we should crank the committee members and target like minded people in their districts to put pressure on them to stand up to "the man."

00-Guy

Feb 15, 2008
    Reality

The reality of the Senate is that nothing gets done without Mike Miller saying so. The dems are in the majority, fact of life. Frosh as committee chair serves at Miller's leisure as do all the other committee members. Unless there is a really compelling asshat reason to vote something out of committee over the chairs head, it ain't going to happen. If it does, some of the dem committee members will be assigned to the sub-committee dealing with the amount of water in the bay or the Ministry of Silly Walks. Oh yeah, if it reaches the floor it still has to be scheduled for a vote by, you guessed it, Mike Miller. Getting favorably voted out of committee does not guarantee a Senate floor vote. So there is a lot more to getting a bill out of Frosh than voting over him. Only a more balanced Senate and Assembly will help the situation.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I don't think Miller is exactly in Frosh's fan club. Frosh would be Miller's likely replacement as Senate president. Miller is sticking around, speculatively, to kepp Frosh from getting the gig.

frozencesium

BBQ Czar
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 5, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    As 00-Guy suggested, the biggest kicker (no matter who is in what position) is getting to the actual floor vote. Even with the Democrats in power, I'm willing to bet a shall-issue law and/or definitive castle doctrine (preventing civil suits in addition to criminal liability) would pass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom