• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shift

Ultimate Member
    Apr 11, 2012
    Denton
    After about 13 years of carrying around a Smith & Wesson Swat I've lost it good. It was everything I needed in a knife and I'm looking to replace it. Unless yall gurus can suggest better brands I'll likely just get another one. I like a big heavy knife that can be operated with one hand with no complicated but sturdy trustworthy locking mechanism. And a good quality blade partially serrated. Hoping to keep it under $100. Any recommendations?

Attachments

• 5000.jpg
      5000.jpg
      18.1 KB · Views: 419

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    Kershaw Blackout is about that size and shape. Made is the USA and about $50 on Amazon. I carried mine for years before replacing it with a Spyderco.
    Spyderco Manix XL. USA made with great ergonomics and steel. Picked mine up for about $100

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Anything spyderco...I've had lots of knives,hated the look of spyderco but man they just work.

I carry a spyderco now over my ZT and Emerson.

Shift

Ultimate Member
    Apr 11, 2012
    Denton
    Ive seen a lot of good stuff about Spyderco. They look kind of funny to me with the stubby blades.

Shift

Ultimate Member
    Apr 11, 2012
    Denton
    I didn't know finding a new knife was going to be such a challenge. Tried Dicks in Dover but they had a terrible selection of mostly cheap knives. Gave walmart a shot in Camden but they had the same but fewer than Dicks. Then tried tractor supply but they hardly had any.

Walmart had the Kenshaw Blur and it looks nice and I wanted to check it out a little closer but Camden Walmart might just be the worst Walmart ever, theres always a half dozen people wanting ammo but never a clerk around. So I got irritated and left.

Does anyone know who has a decent selection of good knives on the midshore or Annapolis? I got my old one at Chesapeake Knife and Tool years ago but I think they are long gone.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I didn't know finding a new knife was going to be such a challenge. Tried Dicks in Dover but they had a terrible selection of mostly cheap knives. Gave walmart a shot in Camden but they had the same but fewer than Dicks. Then tried tractor supply but they hardly had any.

Walmart had the Kenshaw Blur and it looks nice and I wanted to check it out a little closer but Camden Walmart might just be the worst Walmart ever, theres always a half dozen people wanting ammo but never a clerk around. So I got irritated and left.

Does anyone know who has a decent selection of good knives on the midshore or Annapolis? I got my old one at Chesapeake Knife and Tool years ago but I think they are long gone.

My brother is quite the knife collector and he is over in LSD. He has a few knife shops over there that would be about 30 minutes from you that he has been trying to get me to. I can find out where they are for you. PM me if interested.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    There are far too many choices for a replacement at that price. I would suggest heading to the next gun show and finding the knife vendors. There, you can fondle as many knives as you'd like and I'm sure you will come home with one to your likings.

Good Luck!

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I got a used Benchmade Contego off ebay a few months ago, for around a hundred bucks. Great knoife for the price, IMO.

There's a couple in that range on ebay now, BTW.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Gun Show is a good option if you don't find a shop near you.

Only good shop I know of is in Frederick, I don't get your way enough to know what is there.

I like the Buck Vantage or Marksman. Both US made with great warranties if you need that down the road.

Shift

Ultimate Member
    Apr 11, 2012
    Denton
    I've been advised about a knife shop in Greenwood I'm going to check out after work. If they dont have something for me I'm just going to pick up a good enough knife to hold me until I get to the next gun show.
    I've seen several nice ones but none that can double as a hammer or prybar without ruining the integrity.

I've struck out at
    Dicks
    Walmart
    TSC
    Shore Sportsman
    Tuckahoe Sportsman
    And Johnny Janosik

Shift

Ultimate Member
    Apr 11, 2012
    Denton
    Found me a replacement :)