• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Truthlesshero81

Sep 30, 2011
    So I'll be in the market for a concealed carry piece soon, any thoughts on the (supposedly) fixed and improved R51? I also have been looking at the various Glocks but they lack that sex appeal lol

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    So I'll be in the market for a concealed carry piece soon, any thoughts on the (supposedly) fixed and improved R51? I also have been looking at the various Glocks but they lack that sex appeal lol

Still junk, I would never trust one till they had a few years worth of reliable service with an agency, or I had put a few thousand trouble free rounds through one. If a GLOCk fits you, then hard to get a better carry gun. If you want something prettier then HK or Sig have plenty of excellent choices amongst others

Coffee

Jan 12, 2009
    Odenton
    Does it matter? Fixed or not, there's no way I'm entrusting my life to a carry piece made by Remington, especially one that had the R51's issues.

milwriter

Oct 21, 2013
    Bethesda
    They're trying...

For what it's worth, I spoke to new Remington CEO Jim "Marco" Marcotuli over dinner a few weeks ago and asked him about the R51. He said his engineers and testers are still working with it making sure it doesn't face the same QC problems the original run did. ROC actually said the R51 would be re-introduced at NRA Show 2015 -- and we all know that didn't happen. I followed up with him and asked, how can it be worth it for you to invest so much time, effort and money into a carry pistol that will have such a potentially limited market? And straight up he said "it's about our reputation." That might not be enough to restore trust, but it's a pretty honest answer in my book.

ahtucker

Mar 4, 2012
    A guy named Jim who works for Remington just called me and said they will not return my R 51 to the state of Maryland but they would be happy to refund my money if I can produce a receipt. this after 2 years of waiting. This guy says their legal department says don't ship any guns to DC or Maryland.

Last edited:

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    A guy named Jim who works for Remington just called me and said they will not return my R 51 to the state of Maryland but they would be happy to refund my money if I can produce a receipt. this after 2 years of waiting. This guy says their legal department says don't ship any guns to DC or Maryland.

With MD's screwy laws, it's easier for Remington to give you your money back. Not a bad thing. Take your money, run, and get a pistol that actually works.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

Would you rather have a fire extinguisher that's sexy, or one that works?

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County

Makes no sense lol. Who the hell keeps receipts :innocent0

You sent them the gun for goodness sakes.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    This could get interesting. I doubt that anyone has receipts 2 years old. If you have the serial number, it would make a really interesting lawsuit.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Why in the world would they not ship your pistol back?! You purchased it legally in this state right? Its yours. Now I know big R is a $hit company.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Why in the world would they not ship your pistol back?! You purchased it legally in this state right? Its yours. Now I know big R is a $hit company.

Remington destroyed the original R51's people sent back. Not repairable. Since MD gun laws are a cluster eff, Remington is opting to give him a full refund instead of the redesigned replacement.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Remington should be a lot clearer on that. " we build a junk pile and are gonna make a completely new version. But, it will still be call the R51. We could offer that to you, but we'll just make you jump threw some hoops instead." MD guns laws are f.ed. they should have to deal with that not their customers. In that Marylanders got their crappy gun on the roster not them. Heck its not that hard even, slow but not hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom