• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bowtech25

Jun 13, 2009
    carroll county
    Ok guy's im really looking at the 1911 r1 can anybody who has one or knows about them give me the good,bad or the ugly on this gun. Thank you for any help.

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Buy, shoot, love.

I had the enhanced, and I loved it. I haven't heard much in the negative on these. There was an initial slide casting issue, but I think they've solved that problem.

The R1 is g2g and damn accurate.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I've got the enhanced and it's a tack driver, I've fired over 1000 rounds thru it without a single problem. Definitely worth every penny.

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    I've got the enhanced and it's a tack driver, I've fired over 1000 rounds thru it without a single problem. Definitely worth every penny.

I would think the enhanced would be worth the extra money . You get quite a few good mods for not that much more money.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Remington is jumping on making a bunch of different model 1911's .. good on them!

I seen the new Super Carry, gov size a couple days ago at a Gander Mtn in PA, it looks very nice as well.

I have shot buff7mm's Enhanced R1- its a good shooting 1911.

Handloader Mag did a 1911 shootout with various models 1911's & various ammo. The R1 Enhanced was the most accurate, and did better then a Les Bauer Premier 1911 in group size with various ammo @ 25 yards. It blew away S&W's 1911 which did not group as well for the price of that gun. It beat the Springers, and Ruger SR1911 as well.

bowtech25

Jun 13, 2009
    carroll county
    What would the enhanced have that the standard R1 does not? Im at work and can not search for myself sorry they block me from just about everything. What would the enhanced version cost? Again thank you guy's for your help.

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    Remington is jumping on making a bunch of different model 1911's .. good on them!

I seen the new Super Carry, gov size a couple days ago at a Gander Mtn in PA, it looks very nice as well.

I have shot buff7mm's Enhanced R1- its a good shooting 1911.

Handloader Mag did a 1911 shootout with various models 1911's & various ammo. The R1 Enhanced was the most accurate, and did better then a Les Bauer Premier 1911 in group size with various ammo @ 25 yards. It blew away S&W's 1911 which did not group as well for the price of that gun. It beat the Springers, and Ruger SR1911 as well.
    Did handloader mag say how the different pistols were shot ransom rest ,bags free hand ?

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    What would the enhanced have that the standard R1 does not? Im at work and can not search for myself sorry they block me from just about everything. What would the enhanced version cost? Again thank you guy's for your help.

Match grade trigger, barrel and bushing, adjustable rear sights.
    I think I paid less than $800 for mine.
    The only thing I didn't like about it was the grips, I prefer Hogue.:)

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Wow $800 thats awesome the shop by me is selling the R1 for $875. Buff7mm where did you get ur's if you dont mind me asking?

Moore's in Cresaptown, Md. That was last spring. Their inventory is pretty much gone on most stuff right now. I was in there Monday and can't remember seeing any 1911's.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    The standard R1 is closer to a GI style pistol. It does not have the extended beaver tail, or serated/holed target trigger like the Enhanced does.The sights are different too. The standard R1 uses the older GI style sight, and is fixed sights, where the Enhanced has a front fiber optic, and an adjustable Novak style rear sight.

The standard R1 does have a match grade barrel, bushing, and same weight style trigger pull. It also has the angled ejection port to avoid getting hit by brass.

I like the standard R1 too. Im thinking of adding one, as an old style 1911 shooter.

Last edited:

bowtech25

Jun 13, 2009
    carroll county
    Thanks Buff7mm my parents live up there so i come up often they live on back bone mt on table rock road i wish i would have never left. DCR it sounds like the standard R1 should be as good of a shooter as the enhanced?

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Thanks Buff7mm my parents live up there so i come up often they live on back bone mt on table rock road i wish i would have never left. DCR it sounds like the standard R1 should be as good of a shooter as the enhanced?

We try to hit the Savage River range every other Sunday, but the weather's been fouling our plans lately. Let me know when you want to shoot, I'll pack the Micro Compact Springfield also, and I'm sure Deep Creek Rock will have his Kimber there also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom