• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mesduckman

Registered Sika Offender
    Feb 17, 2014
    Carney, MD
    Saw these listed on the PA shooters board. Ad says they're LW barrels (2). Might be worth a call.

http://forum.pafoa.org/accessories-ammunition-8/247985-2-two-remington-20-ga-barrels-1100-a.html

Ack Ack:

Thanks for the heads up. I looked at the pictures in the link. Wrong barrels. Those are LT barrels. The long extention 3 3/8" is the key. Funny thing is Remington doesn't do a great job of putting out the info about the differences in their 20's so most folks think the LW and LT are one in the same. They are completely different.

Thanks for the effort,
    Duckman

Last edited:

Ack Ack

Sep 4, 2013
    DC
    Had feeling they might be LT. I know what you mean, a lot of people use LT and LW interchangeably.

I have an old Std weight 20 and had a hard time finding a barrel, so I know how you feel. Seems like the LW is harder to find than the Std. I wound up buying a barrel from a guy that was selling a whole gun with 2 barrels. I sent a note and asked if he'd sell one barrel by itself.

mesduckman

Registered Sika Offender
    Feb 17, 2014
    Carney, MD
    Had feeling they might be LT. I know what you mean, a lot of people use LT and LW interchangeably.

I have an old Std weight 20 and had a hard time finding a barrel, so I know how you feel. Seems like the LW is harder to find than the Std. I wound up buying a barrel from a guy that was selling a whole gun with 2 barrels. I sent a note and asked if he'd sell one barrel by itself.

Nail on the head. I could buy an LW barrel right now. Problem is I want a vent rib 2 3/4". All the 2 3/4" I've seen available so far are plain bbls. Just have to stay vigilant and grab one when it comes along.

Last edited:

mesduckman

Registered Sika Offender
    Feb 17, 2014
    Carney, MD
    Here is a picture of the original barrel and LW short tang just for reference. Excuse the condition, as I said in my initial post it is FUBAR. Victim of a fire and a lot of water.

Attachments

• LW.jpg
      LW.jpg
      82.2 KB · Views: 144

Ack Ack

Sep 4, 2013
    DC
    Not sure if you ever look at the "Shotgunworld Forum", but I read that the tang can be cut down on an LT barrel to make an LW barrel. There are some pretty knowledgeable 1100 guys on the site. If you're not a member, I'd be happy to ask about it, if you want.

mesduckman

Registered Sika Offender
    Feb 17, 2014
    Carney, MD
    I've read that in a few different places. Even saw one post that said Gander Mountain would do that?? I'm really in no rush, so I think I'll keep checking EBay and some of the other sites for a while. If times get desperate it's good to know there is a plan B.

mesduckman

Registered Sika Offender
    Feb 17, 2014
    Carney, MD

mesduckman

Registered Sika Offender
    Feb 17, 2014
    Carney, MD
    It took a month but Ebay did provide. Yesterday I found the LW 26" VR IC barrel I had been looking for. Thank goodness it was a "Buy It Now" auction. I snapped that thing up faster than a knife fight in a phone booth. So if anyone is ever in need of a particular configuration 20 gauge 1100 LW barrel take it from me; took me a month of daily searching to find 1 of what I was looking for. Now just waiting for the hot re-blue to come back from R.A. Brown and we'll have a complete restoration. Pics to follow when she's complete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom