• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Thanks, I did search and I have reviewed that site but it seemed to me that it wasn't comprehensive and, in addition, contains information supplied by reloaders, not necessarily from manuals. I am wondering whether there is a true commercial site that provides verifiable data/recipes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The powder makers info is online.

The bullet makers SELL their loading manuals.

The trouble with ANY compilation of data is how often is it updated/refreshed.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    The powder makers info is online.

The bullet makers SELL their loading manuals.

The trouble with ANY compilation of data is how often is it updated/refreshed.

I realize all of this. I have several manuals but I sometimes find myself needing recipes for something I don't normally reload. Or example, I don't shoot Barnes Bullets, but I sometimes reload for my brother who does. I don't want to buy the Barnes manual just for that load. What I'm really trying to accomplish is to put together a list of calibers and bullets that use the same powder. Given how scarce powder is, I find myself trying to buy powders that I can use across as wide a range of calibers as is possible. It would be neat if there was a website that was universal and that would allow you to group calibers by powder, if you know what I'm saying. I know that's asking for a lot.

rj91jeep

Feb 16, 2011
    Westminster, MD
    Yeah, but most show recipes for only a small number of bullet makes/weights. I guess I'll just make my own spreadsheet.

Aside from Continental Arms, does anyone get powders at any local establishments?

Clyde's usually has some powders in stock. Bass pro is hit or miss.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I realize all of this. I have several manuals but I sometimes find myself needing recipes for something I don't normally reload. Or example, I don't shoot Barnes Bullets, but I sometimes reload for my brother who does. I don't want to buy the Barnes manual just for that load. What I'm really trying to accomplish is to put together a list of calibers and bullets that use the same powder. Given how scarce powder is, I find myself trying to buy powders that I can use across as wide a range of calibers as is possible. It would be neat if there was a website that was universal and that would allow you to group calibers by powder, if you know what I'm saying. I know that's asking for a lot.

I know what you are saying. But Barnes and other bullet makers SELL their manuals. So they make money off them.

So you want them to give away that information?

Just have your brother buy you the latest Barnes manual.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Answer #1 - There is more factory data available now than ever before.

Answer #2 - You still have to work at it a little bit. Hogdon (includes IMR) , Alliant , and Western ( includes Accurate Arms ) cover more than 90% of market share. I haven't recently checked the websites for Hornaday or Sierra , but Speer offers a lot online , particularly new bullets and updates ( not as much as their manuals , but a goodly bit) . All the bullet mfgs will provide data for a specific bullet/ load upon request.

For more than that , you'll have to do like generations of handloaders before you have done. Just buy a cpl of manuals. Or consult trusted sources other than OEM mfgs.

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    Wolfe publishing has a for pay website for loading data worked up by some of the editors of Handloader magazine, but I don't recall what the name of the website is. A websearch should turn it up for you.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Being new to this I've been going to the powder manufacturer's web sites. And I like the Lee manual as it has a lot of loads for different bullets and powders since they don't sell either. It's ben an easy cross reference for me. I find the bullet manufacturer's books too narrow, just their stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom