• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OSOK1776

Oct 26, 2011
    Glen Burnie
    I have now, 2 RCBS Turret Presses and would like to mount them both on my reloading bench. My issue is that I would like to "lift" them and mount them towards the rear of my bench, vs mount them off the side as most people do. I have been browsing "reloading bench" galleries for about 6 hours, and nothing great has popped up yet.

With that said I would like to get folks ideas on what they would do to resolve this issue without having to buy 2 of these -

811975.jpg

Now if I could find something like that for a inexpensive price, I would jump on it.

OSOK1776

Oct 26, 2011
    Glen Burnie
    The other option I am considering is to get one of these and mount a press on each side and then just have it off to the side of my table.

155024.jpg

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Well. You Could just build a thick shelf on the back of the bench, two uprights and a shelf across them. Mount them to that. Probably would need to be made more sturdy using thicker lumber, built as a box on it's side or with cross pieces, etc.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    Here are two shots of my first reloading bench. The box the press is mounted on was originally part of a set of decorative shelving units. I found it at the local Goodwill store. I drilled a few holes for the bolts, et voila!

Attachments

• Reloading 001.jpg
      Reloading 001.jpg
      91.3 KB · Views: 711
    • Reloading 002.jpg
      Reloading 002.jpg
      90.7 KB · Views: 812

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    The other option I am considering is to get one of these and mount a press on each side and then just have it off to the side of my table.

155024.jpg
    That pedestal is only big enough for one press. Any press you use will either have to be mounted at the front because the lever goes below the level of the desk or mounted higher on something on top of the table if you want it closer to the back. However it is not easy to service the press if it is near the rear of the table.
    I ended up mounting mine on a thick 1x12 peice of finished hardwood and clamped it to the right front corner of my counter top using 3 C-Clamps so I could take it off for storing when not in use. Also made a 2nd setup with my shotgun press. Ended up adding a single stage press to the board that has the progressive on it also. Been using it that way for the last 2 years with no issues.

jayc0968

Cpl, U.S.M.C. 87-92
    Sep 22, 2009
    Crofton, MD
    I bolted mine (Lyman Spar-T turret) to a 10 inch piece of 2X6 and C-clamp it to my bench. Did the same with my Lyman Lubri-sizer. I'm limited on space where I load so this works great for me.

DocAitch

Jun 22, 2011
    North of Baltimore
    If you can cover your bench with some masonite and use 2 sizes of hole saw to create plugs, you can make a versatile set up with the tools mounted on 2x6", 2x4' scrap, an whn you need a flat surface, replace the plugs.
    DocAitch

bench20093.jpg

bench20095.jpg

ENT Shooter

Aug 21, 2011
    Towson Maryland
    Bolt to a 2X6 and clamp to bench. Easy and removable if you have another project that you need the space for. Did the same for a zip trim and powder measure. Have a packing table from ULINE as the bench. Strong and sturdy.

anil

Sep 28, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    I've got the franklin stand mount (the plastic one that was pictured). Originally had it because i didn't have a bench and used it combined with a flat-topped rolling toolbox.

Even with the reloading bench I've built, since that time. I still use the stand, pretty often. I swap out my single-stage between the table mount and the portable mount, depending on what I'm doing.

If you have 2 presses, I'd say having one portable might be nice. Considering getting another one myself, but probably spending too much on other crap lately, and I don't load high-volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom