• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    There is an officer who validates the ticket. An officer will be present.

If it is worth it to you, attend court, plea guilty with an explaination. Explain circumstances of the ticketed event. I've seen favorable outcomes.

Was no officer in court the day I went, just the "camera man" (AKA the vendor who is collecting 95% of the revenue), and the judge was just trying to ram the tickets through regardless. I was not going to stand for it. Which is why I am waiting for my day in court (again)with the officer.

Note: Maryland Constitution declaration of rights Article 21: "to be confronted with the witnesses against him." (Right to face your accuser).

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    Don't Bother

Unless you happen to be off and have nothing else to do just pay up and keep on going. I got one in Howard Cnty 7-8 yrs ago because of black ice. Before court they held a little informational class about all the things you cannot say is an excuse for running a red light camera. Weather, behind a truck, throwing up from the flu... well you get the idea NONE of these will get you off or a reduced fine. I spoke with the Judge, what a shriveled up prune of a bitch, had news paper clippings about the freak ice storm that shut down Rt. 95 and Columbia, the ticket showing my speed (within limit) but none of it mattered. She did not care, obviously hated men, and told me did I not listen to the information about NO excuses.
    The bottom line is do what you feel like you have to.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Was no officer in court the day I went, just the "camera man" (AKA the vendor who is collecting 95% of the revenue), and the judge was just trying to ram the tickets through regardless. I was not going to stand for it. Which is why I am waiting for my day in court (again)with the officer.

Note: Maryland Constitution declaration of rights Article 21: "to be confronted with the witnesses against him." (Right to face your accuser).

Good for you and good luck. Let us know how it goes.

honeybadger

Feb 8, 2012
    Bel Air, MD
    If you try to alter you plate but putting one of them blurring covers or one with the ground in metal to deflect the flash. I believe you can be ticketed for attempting to alter your plate and give a cop the right to stop and hassle you and bust your balls. If they can stop people for a plate light out they sure will stop you for an obsurced plate.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    If you try to alter you plate but putting one of them blurring covers or one with the ground in metal to deflect the flash. I believe you can be ticketed for attempting to alter your plate and give a cop the right to stop and hassle you and bust your balls. If they can stop people for a plate light out they sure will stop you for an obsurced plate.

Your right, they can. But it's just like they can stop you if you're windows are tinted to dark. But we see many cars and trucks with tinted windows that are too dark.

You can get pull over if you're 4 wheel drive is raised up to high, but we see many 4 wheel drive vehicle way to high.

As well as all of the plate frames and covers I see often where many times I can't even tell what state the car is from.

It's all the luck of the draw what LEO happens to be behind you

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom