• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boule

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Galt's Gulch
    Well, last night I had a few crows above my car and thus decided to get back at their species in general....

Any recommended decoys? I have come across the ones from boondock and a bunch of other ones that are more or less realistic.... starting from black socks stuffed with something up to full-size 3D decoys out of plastic. Now which ones to choose?

Powerstroke

Oct 20, 2010
    Fallston
    I use the carry-lite decoys , I got mine off midwayusa. Horned owl decoys work very well the crows always go after them. I normally put one on a fence post and place the decoys around it.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I have 6 of the newer Carry-Lite Crow decoys, which are considered over sized and I have 6 of the old Flambeau style. I also have 24 black thick cotton "basketball" socks that I stuffed with plastic grocery bags and mix them in with the other decoys.

Last season I purchased 2 sets of add on motion wings for my over sized Crow decoys, these things are really nice, heavy plastic, well made, and come with a metal rod to slip through the body for attaching the wings. The wings are 6" wide and 8" long, I do wish they were about 2" longer. It doesn't take much to make the "S" shaped wings to collect air and spin either. I ordered them directly from the website at $6.95 per set and it's well worth it. Two sets, plus shipping, was $23.00 Order Air Crow Wings Here

If you want to do it on "the cheap" however, just go to wal mart and buy a 12 (24 bodies) and stuff the socks with grocery bags. From the air they look enough like a crow to fool the real crows in to range.

Come on August 17th ! I am dying to get out there for the first Crow hunt of the season.

Attachments

• motionwingcrowdecoy.jpg
      motionwingcrowdecoy.jpg
      24.2 KB · Views: 104

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads