Recommendation for car audio installation service.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DeadInside

MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2022
    SOMD
    Crutchfield

Looking at the picture of taco cab in the inside, and the picture of the unit that you brought, I hope everything is plug and play or at least have the wiring harness adapters that go with it.

Where are you located????

Crutchfield sells adapters for the head units they sell to make installation plug and play (at least from the wiring perspective). May want to check them to see if they have anything for the head unit you got.

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    Looking at the picture of taco cab in the inside, and the picture of the unit that you brought, I hope everything is plug and play or at least have the wiring harness adapters that go with it.

Where are you located????

Yes it is all plug and play - located in Westminster. Lots of online install videos - but I just don’t have patience for doing it.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Looks like it will be problematic from the get go. I’d recommend going with a well known brand.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Ok are you getting it with the JBL Amp or without? Also have you made sure that will fit your taco? I am going thru Crutchfield and that is NOT listed to work with your taco. Is the radio a factory stock unit? I am located right down Rt 97 from Westminster here in Aspen Hill area of Monkey County, Rt 97 and Bel Pre Road about .25 miles from that intersection. Do you have any wire connectors at all? or anything else that goes with it besides the box the unit is in?

1)A MAJOR problem that I see with that unit is it can play movies while you are moving. That is a TOTAL NO NO in my book and not sure if it is against MD law to have that playing while you are moving. If you do get into a wreck while that is playing then 99% chance you will get the ticket because that was on and you have to prove you was NOT PLAYING any video while moving and or have some type of shield over the unit to keep you from being able to see the screen. If you have a CDL you should know that it is against the law to have any type of video or tv player visible to the driver while the vehicle is moving... Having a video player in the dash is just begging for TROUBLE.. Sorry I know you do not want to hear this but if an accident does happen you might be totally screwed..

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Ahhhh the good old days. I installed competition car audio for many years, before there were kits, neither mounting nor wiring. Ordered from Crutchfield back in the 80's ?. People still come up to me about those days, judging IASCA. OP, after further reading, I wouldn't touch this thing with a 10' pole ... and I'm a patient man.

From another forum:
    1. If you're looking for an updated HU that brings your truck into the 21st century this is your guy
    2. If you are not nor do you know anyone who can help from a tech side of things this unit is most likely not for you
    3. The gloss black is not as bad as you think. The pic of silver one looks awful IMO
    4. ZLink is trash....so if you're looking for a true Apple Car Play experience this is not for you (maybe add the Carlink device 3.0 or whatever it's called)
    5. Sergey's software and he himself seem quiet helpful and really open the unit up giving it that 21'st century "modern" feel
    6. If you are a cheap "you know what" this unit is not for you
    7. I strongly recommend using iOS automation or android's task app to kick up your hotspot so the unit connects automatically, connect the unit to your cell phone via bluetooth for voice and hotspot for the apps. This turns the HU into a true tablet and you can download almost any app you desire and use as designed.
    8. If you don't have patience in working on such thing this unit is not for you. Call crutchfield and get a plug and play unit.
    9. Install Power Amp equalizer to help control music sound.
    10. ODB gives me MPH and Tach with no problem....can't speak to anything else
    11. Pandora does not seem to stream well with the unit. Sound fluctuates/attenuates up and down between songs. Not sure if this is the unit but I suspect it's a pandora thing
    12. Spotify however does seem to work well.
    13. Premium scripts from both allow you to listen to "off line" music without the data connection so if you are using either I suggest the paid versions. Again see #6
    14. Apple music seems to do ok but I don't use it much.
    15. Sergey's help is not a toll free 24/7 call away. It is a delayed convo being we are on opposite sides of the world. He is responsive and helpful if you send him the cash!! LOL See #8
    16. If you are on the fence for whatever reason stay on the fence or call Crutchfield See #8 After 38 pages of this thread and you don't understand this unit will take some time and fine tuning to accommodate your exact needs then you need to move on to another product.
    17. Am I still working through some things??.....you betcha.....luckily Sergey is helping and I honestly think I will get it how I want for the most part.
    18. So far I like the unit.....do I love it no, is it the best thing since sliced bread no, does it make my 2005 look and feel of a 2021 Hellzzz Yea!
    19. AuCar could most definitely have a better customer service experience there's no doubt about that. Buying Sergey's firmware kinda gives you a pretty good level of customer service.
    20. I can't speak to the competitors like Joying....but this is my 2 cents, take it for what it's worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom