• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 11, 2012
    I've been lurking around the forums here for a little while but hadn't registered. I registered today so I could let those in the area know that there were two houses in northern harford county (Pylesville - Linkous Road) broken into two mornings ago. Talking with neighbors it looks as though there was someone driving around scoping places out and going in (~9am) when they knew people were gone.

I think this is the first time in close to three decades that this small area has seen something like this. Hopefully this is an isolated incident. However, my gut tells me that it's not.

virtus

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2010
    Thanks for posting this. Crime sucks but at least it will be a reality check for some people.

I live in Forest Hill and it seems like the majority of the people living around me think we, in that area, are isolated from all the icky criminals. A few months ago stuff (big stuff...snow blowers etc.) started disappearing from the garages that remained open all night, every night. I'm willing to bet that a lot of those people weren't locking the door leading from the garage to the interior of the house either. Things could have been worse.

Shinny

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Thanks for the info. I live in Forest Hill too and I can't believe what people do. I won't leave my garage open when I mowing in the backyard. You never know what's going to happen. It sucks we have to worry like that.

Oct 11, 2012
    Thanks for posting this. Crime sucks but at least it will be a reality check for some people.

I live in Forest Hill and it seems like the majority of the people living around me think we, in that area, are isolated from all the icky criminals. A few months ago stuff (big stuff...snow blowers etc.) started disappearing from the garages that remained open all night, every night. I'm willing to bet that a lot of those people weren't locking the door leading from the garage to the interior of the house either. Things could have been worse.

Agreed. I grew up in this area but long gone are the days of going to bed with the doors unlocked. However, even with locked doors, burglaries will still take place. People just need to be aware to have the real valuable stuff locked up.

Oct 11, 2012
    *cough* Edgewood. Sucks the city and Balto county trash are ruining Harford.

Yeah, Edgewood and Aberdeen weren't the best areas a couple of decades ago. They're a lot worse now. City trash inevitably spews into the county. Also, with the economy the way it is, this kind of stuff will likely increase.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I've been lurking around the forums here for a little while but hadn't registered. I registered today so I could let those in the area know that there were two houses in northern harford county (Pylesville - Linkous Road) broken into two mornings ago. Talking with neighbors it looks as though there was someone driving around scoping places out and going in (~9am) when they knew people were gone.

I think this is the first time in close to three decades that this small area has seen something like this. Hopefully this is an isolated incident. However, my gut tells me that it's not.

Daytime Burglaries are big statewide but more popular day than night in HarCo IMO

booker

Apr 5, 2008
    Baltimore
    Yeah, Edgewood and Aberdeen weren't the best areas a couple of decades ago. They're a lot worse now. City trash inevitably spews into the county. Also, with the economy the way it is, this kind of stuff will likely increase.

You mean Edge-hood and Aber-dump?

Aberdeen has actually cleaned up a bit.. at least on the surface. When I drive through, it seems to look just a little bit nicer than it did around 2003-2004. They definitely were able to drive the prostitution out of the area (it probably just went somewhere else) but I don't know how the crime/drug statistics measure up. There has been a bit of new construction (mostly defense contractors) along that section of Rt. 40 which has helped to bring some better people into the area, along with a bigger tax base.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

It's not so much inevitable as it is the .gov moving them out to the County.

GTK64

Sep 27, 2010
    There has also been a lot of break ins in Bel Air around Thomas Run Rd. and Prospect Mill Rd. in the last couple of months. They have been breaking into houses were no one is home so far but its only a matter of time before they break in and someone is home. I just hope that the home owner is armed.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    There seems to be a ton of paranoia as well in Harford.

What I mean is that I look on "The Dagger Press" every so often to get a few laughs, and notice they publish the "calls" that come in for service, I'd say 50 percent of the reports are people calling about suspicious person/situation/vehicle. I don't know how much of a norm that rough percentage is for daily life, but it just seems like a lot to me. Maybe I'm really wrong in my flawed thinking.

Here's a gem;

"A caller from the 400 block of Foreland Garth Road reported Wednesday the caller was walking the caller’s son to a bus stop when a squirrel jumped out of a bush and chased them down the road."

cyclrcr

Pronounced as cycleracer
    Oct 24, 2008
    Joppa

Have you noticed that the places in Harford County where the problems are and what they all have in common?... The bus lines?... Just a thought.

sixfivesavage

Jun 30, 2011
    Jarrettsville
    A few weeks ago, there was a string of about 4 or 5 break ins with some jewelry and cash stolen in the Madonna area. Madonna road and I think one was on Nelson mill road. Right in my base area of operations. Happens every now and then kinda sporadically.

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    Welcome and thanks for posting the info. I'm from the Whiteford Area, about two months ago I received a knock on my front door, I answered the door within 30 secs give or take and no one was there. Two of my neighbors at home also recieved the some thing. This was approximately 2 days after a home in the same area was burglarized.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    wow, I may know the ones who's home got broken into or at least a family members home. If the street name is the family name as I suspect. I see if the wife can find out.

booker

Apr 5, 2008
    Baltimore
    Have you noticed that the places in Harford County where the problems are and what they all have in common?... The bus lines?... Just a thought.

Those bus lines are vital to the community, providing subsidized, reliable transportation so good folks can get to and from work, to and from church, and enable them to be vital, productive members of society.

:lol2:

m33p

Feb 17, 2012
    When i lived in Irwins Choice, i had someone straight up walk into my garage at night. They didnt see me sitting on the front steps with the light off. I scared him off with just some yelling, he took off running!

Oct 11, 2012
    A few weeks ago, there was a string of about 4 or 5 break ins with some jewelry and cash stolen in the Madonna area. Madonna road and I think one was on Nelson mill road. Right in my base area of operations. Happens every now and then kinda sporadically.

Wow. I grew up in that area. Only break in I remember many years ago was when one of the punk neighborhood kids broke in and ate some ice cream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom