• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    Got in a argument with some buddy's at the bar and need some clarification. If this ban goes in and I have the receiver or "firearm" can i build the gun after the ban ? I want to get a RPD another krink and 2 H&K and if I can just buy receiver that is what I want to do but If i need complete guns I will do what I have to do

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    Yes, as long as the receiver is already registered. Unfinished, unregistered receivers like 80% lowers or AK flat... thing... will most likely not be allowed after registration expires.

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    You should be find with just the receiver.....

But... If you are doing a SBR or pistol I would get that done ASAP just to make sure.

I want to SBR a krink but I do not have the custom receiver yet to my FFL still waiting then I have 50+ days to wait to take possession of the Receiver. Get it built by that time I would be hesitant to see If I would get it back before October. I found a G3 receiver to buy but still looking for a RPD and a Mp5 receiver( I can find no one that is know for H&K clones that produces just a receiver for purchase.)

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    You can build an AW on a registered receiver post-ban. Nothing in the proposed law disallows this, and due to the modularity of the AR platform it would be impossible to enforce anyway.

I'm curious to see if transfers of new receivers will also be considered banned. Probably... but they aren't a named gun yet, nor violate the features rule. I could build a .22 AR on an unregistered lower and end up with a gun that should still be legal to purchase if SB-281 passes. The AG is going to have their hands full trying to make all the ends meet properly. Bring on the loopholes.

midboat

Jan 23, 2013
    along these lines, if you have a receiver and get it registered as an SBR, but only put a 16" barrel on it, could you theoretically change at any time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom