• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    For those that filled out his online survey you may be getting a letter from him this week. I received mine today. This I found interesting (the fix is in).

"A Strong plurality favored increased restrictions on concealed carry permits and an over 60% majority favor banning assault rifles and banning the sale of large capacity gun magazines."

I called his office yesterday and his aid said that Sen. Miller has not voiced his opinion yet.

Also from the letter sales taxes may be going up by another penny but people still want the death penalty.

2014 EDIT received new letter from Sen. Miller (see post #23)

Attachments

• [Untitled]-1.pdf
      262.8 KB · Views: 181
    Last edited:

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    "A Strong plurality favored increased restrictions on concealed carry permits and an over 60% majority favor banning assault rifles and banning the sale of large capacity gun magazines."

Increased restrictions on concealed carry permits? LOL

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Increased restrictions on concealed carry permits? LOL

That's because people don't understand what it is.

Ask those same people where the problems are in the current permitting scheme, and they will give you either a blank stare or a made-up answer.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    For those that filled out his online survey you may be getting a letter from him this week. I received mine today. This I found interesting (the fix is in).

I called his office yesterday and his aid said that Sen. Miller has not voiced his opinion yet.

Also from the letter sales taxes may be going up by another penny but people still want the death penalty.

:lol:

But "Miller has not voiced his opinion yet" :lol::lol::lol:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I sent the Senator an e-mail.

Senator Miller,

I saw the results of your online survey. I was particularly curious about the fact that "A Strong plurality favored increased restrictions on concealed carry permits"
    . I was wondering if you could elaborate on which aspects they felt were too permissive? Given that Maryland has among the most restrictive laws in the Nation, few people are even familiar with the process of obtaining a concealed carry permit in Maryland. People with carry permits are also among the most law-abiding citizens you can find. Perhaps there has been a large number of crimes committed by permit holders that I am not aware of. I look forward to your reply.

We shall see if I get a response.

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    A Md CCW permit is as common as seeing a rainbow shitting unicorn.

The chances of getting that CCW passed in Maryland is 0.
    I cannot believe how many people still think its has a chance :innocent0

The laws on the books and court decisions don't mean Sh*te. If you think it does then keep believing there is not going to be a AWB ban .
    We all have emailed , made calls , testified, protested including me!. As well as many other things behind the sceene......We have done everything that we can legally do . But we cannot ignore and change the laws to suit our purpose.
    Now after the next election maybe:rolleyes: I fear its going to be to late at that point.

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer but I am just pissed that the second amendment means nothing to our elected officials and I honestly do not see how anything that they are attempting to do is legal . But at this point in time , I don't think it makes a dam bit of difference. THEY ARE DOING IT :mad54:

Saginaw

Jan 13, 2013
    Fort Meade, Odenton
    I got this from Impallaria looks good from his eyes

Second Amendment Update - Feb. 21, 2013

We have been doing our best to defeat the Governor's gun grab. The Senate hearing on SB281 was on Feb. 6, and so far I have heard nothing about any action on it. The train has definitely slowed down -- they must be having a hard time

getting their votes together.

This is the time for you to come to Annapolis - perhaps for the second time - to speak to your individual legislators, senators and delegates. Participate in more rallies here, walk the halls, meet with your elected officials and talk to them.

Just a reminder - www.associatedgunclubs.org follows gun legislation very closely and has information on how to testify on bills, etc.

You must keep up the pressure on us. To date, I have received over 4200 - yes, that is four thousand two hundred, with the duplicates removed - emails in support of our gun rights, and about half a dozen from gun grabbers. Good job, and keep it up. Those of us who support our Second Amendment need to know you are out there supporting us. THANK YOU.

Rick Impallaria

Delegate, District 7 (Baltimore & Harford Counties)

410-841-3289

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

The laws on the books and court decisions don't mean Sh*te. If you think it does then keep believing there is not going to be a AWB ban .
    We all have emailed , made calls , testified, protested including me!. As well as many other things behind the sceene......We have done everything that we can legally do . But we cannot ignore and change the laws to suit our purpose.
    Now after the next election maybe:rolleyes: I fear its going to be to late at that point.

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer but I am just pissed that the second amendment means nothing to our elected officials and I honestly do not see how anything that they are attempting to do is legal . But at this point in time , I don't think it makes a dam bit of difference. THEY ARE DOING IT :mad54:

We are going to get CCW through the Courts. It will be a multi-year battle. It would be foolish to think that once MD has to issue permits to everyone that they won't slap on all kinds of restrictions. No guns in theaters, shopping centers etc. You will be able to carry, you just won't actually be able to go anywhere you normally would with your side arm. MSP is ready to start issuing if the courts say they must. The legislators will be our nightmare.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

OK let's give up.. no you don't mean that you are just venting on a public forum.

And I just saw this post. I may be brand new. I may be thinking of shoeing up in Annapolis and loosing a days pay. But I really can't afford that, and here this guy who knows more than me cause I know. Nothing says its over so why bother.

Do you understand that just venting does harm?

I am still working on a few guys to take the day and show up in Annapolis but they are family men and vacations are spoken for and if they see a post like this ... I may as well give up on them.

And there are others.
    Vent in private. Please.

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    We are going to get CCW through the Courts. It will be a multi-year battle. It would be foolish to think that once MD has to issue permits to everyone that they won't slap on all kinds of restrictions. No guns in theaters, shopping centers etc. You will be able to carry, you just won't actually be able to go anywhere you normally would with your side arm. MSP is ready to start issuing if the courts say they must. The legislators will be our nightmare.

I hope your right ! I really do ! It just amazes me what New York can pass in twenty minutes.

And it takes us years , and they use our money to fight us in court. :mad54::mad54::mad54:

Well at least we got some good news from Delegate Rick Impallaria:thumbsup:

G

George

If you ask me this poll was rigged. I know many people who filled out just the opposite.

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    OK let's give up.. no you don't mean that you are just venting on a public forum.

And I just saw this post. I may be brand new. I may be thinking of shoeing up in Annapolis and loosing a days pay. But I really can't afford that, and here this guy who knows more than me cause I know. Nothing says its over so why bother.

Do you understand that just venting does harm?

I am still working on a few guys to take the day and show up in Annapolis but they are family men and vacations are spoken for and if they see a post like this ... I may as well give up on them.

And there are others.
    Vent in private. Please.

I have no intentions of giving up and there a lot of members on this forum that know what I have done personally as well with others !

And as far as loosing money , when you have to shut down a full day and you own your company as I do , I am not talking loosing a few bucks ask Teratos .

Please feel free to add me to your ignore list , or pm me .

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I have no intentions of giving up and there a lot of members on this forum that know what I have done personally as well with others !

And as far as loosing money , when you have to shut down a full day and you own your company as I do , I am not talking loosing a few bucks ask Teratos .

Please feel free to add me to your ignore list , or pm me .

I know the feeling. I bill about $300/hour. If I take a day off, that is $2400. (That is NOT what I take home).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom