• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • denimdan85

Aug 12, 2014
    Hanover, PA
    A guy I know was denied yesterday when he tried to buy an AR at one of our IP's.

He says he has no adult record but does have a juvenile record but I am not sure what that contains. I am just trying to figure out why he would be denied.

Facts:

He is 29. Does this have something to do with the question on the 4473 about being under the age of 30?
    He said that he did not put down the same address as what is on his license. (Recently moved from PA to MD)
    He is prior military and was diagnosed with PTSD. Is it due to this and recent executive orders to include HIPPA records on the nics check?

I appreciate any help provided. He says he has filed an appeal but we were both curious what the issue could be.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    A guy I know was denied yesterday when he tried to buy an AR at one of our IP's.

He says he has no adult record but does have a juvenile record but I am not sure what that contains. I am just trying to figure out why he would be denied.

Facts:

He is 29. Does this have something to do with the question on the 4473 about being under the age of 30?
    He said that he did not put down the same address as what is on his license. (Recently moved from PA to MD)
    He is prior military and was diagnosed with PTSD. Is it due to this and recent executive orders to include HIPPA records on the nics check?

I appreciate any help provided. He says he has filed an appeal but we were both curious what the issue could be.

Could be any or all of the above.
    Address on the DL not matching would be the first red flag.
    Presume this was a NICS denial.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    fnLiyo4.jpg

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    Has he even changed his license yet? If he put a MD address down with a PA drivers license that'd be my bet, but I'm not sure how that would even get by shop management unless they just completely fell asleep at the wheel.

That's the first question my LGS asks before starting paperwork: "Does your DL have your current and correct address?"

Rhome3

Jan 3, 2016
    If it is the PTSD thing, I believe it is against the law to deny based off of a treatable mental illness. When I was leaving the Army the PA who assessed me was bending over backwards to try to give me PTSD. He said it was a "free 30%" and would have likely pushed me into free retirement for life. I'm not retarded though. I understood that (at the time) that bitch Feinstein was trying to pass a bill in Congress to remove guns from anyone with PTSD. Wasn't going to take the bait.

Rhome3

Jan 3, 2016
    Has he even changed his license yet? If he put a MD address down with a PA drivers license that'd be my bet, but I'm not sure how that would even get by shop management unless they just completely fell asleep at the wheel.

That's the first question my LGS asks before starting paperwork: "Does your DL have your current and correct address?"

Hypothetically, if you put the wrong address (knowingly) because you once lived at an address with family but no longer live there, what could come of it ?

outrider58

Loves Red Balloons
    MDS Supporter

This would be my first guess.

denimdan85

Aug 12, 2014
    Hanover, PA
    Could be any or all of the above.
    Address on the DL not matching would be the first red flag.
    Presume this was a NICS denial.

This would be my first guess.

This is my thought as well.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I would bet on the address discrepancy. If he turned up for a Security Clearance BI I would get him to change over top a MD license with his current address before I'd let him submit his EPSQ.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    In MD juvenile convictions for certain crimes prohibit a person until he or 30, assuming he does not re-offend in the mean-time.

That is almost definitely what got him denied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom