• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RiveraJr

Mar 5, 2013
    Indian head
    I need everyone's opinions/advice for a good cheap range finder. I just bought a brand new crossbow so I'm kinda tight on the amount of money I can spend. I'm in So MD so places around here would be nice, thanks y'all

blodter

Aug 28, 2013
    Hagerstown, MD
    If you've got an iPhone, there's a great app that finds ranges local to you that shows whether or not they are public or private. I believe it's called "Range Finder". If not, just google "shooting ranges around me", and a map should pop up. I'm not familiar with Southern Maryland, so I can't help you with much more than that.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    If you've got an iPhone, there's a great app that finds ranges local to you that shows whether or not they are public or private. I believe it's called "Range Finder". If not, just google "shooting ranges around me", and a map should pop up. I'm not familiar with Southern Maryland, so I can't help you with much more than that.

Not sure if serious.....

I think he's looking for a rangefinder.... A tool used to determine how far away something is.

RiveraJr

Mar 5, 2013
    Indian head
    Sorry guys lol, I need a range finder as in a distance finder. I want to use one this hunting season since it'll be my first with a crossbow

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    I just picked up a nikon aculon for $130 on sale at dicks. Probably the smallest anr lightest rangefinder I have ever seen. Playing with it in the backyard it picked up the barn at 568yds and worked on trees out to 285yds. Not the best unit out ther but plenty for archery season and plinking.

RiveraJr

Mar 5, 2013
    Indian head
    I just picked up a nikon aculon for $130 on sale at dicks. Probably the smallest anr lightest rangefinder I have ever seen. Playing with it in the backyard it picked up the barn at 568yds and worked on trees out to 285yds. Not the best unit out ther but plenty for archery season and plinking.

I think that's the one I was looking at yesterday.. I have a 10$ off coupon so I might just go tomorrow and pick it up. Every store I've searched has them for 100+

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    I bought the Simmons Rangefinder last winter on Amazon. It can detect distances from tree stands as well as on level ground.

I got the "Tilt Intelligence" model.

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    I like the bushnell range finder with arc ( angle ranger compensation) technology if in a tree stand, but if your hunting from the ground then any cheap one will work good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom