Random people delivering/selling steaks?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Don't want to jack the thread but it is along the same lines. "hey buddy, you want to buy some speakers? My boss accidentally loaded too many on my van so I will make you a great deal!" I know I'm dating myself since in the day and age of iPods and smart phones people don't really buy home stereo systems anymore.

Back in the early 80's, a friend of mine got shafted by a guy selling PREMIUM Alpine AM/FM/Cassette tape car radios, brand new in the box, from a van. He had a whole stack of new, sealed boxes, and one radio playing out of the van as his demo. My friend paid him, got home and opened the box - it was a brick. Naturally, van guy was long outta there when he went back.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Back in the early 80's, a friend of mine got shafted by a guy selling PREMIUM Alpine AM/FM/Cassette tape car radios, brand new in the box, from a van. He had a whole stack of new, sealed boxes, and one radio playing out of the van as his demo. My friend paid him, got home and opened the box - it was a brick. Naturally, van guy was long outta there when he went back.

That takes some guts. Imagine if the prospective purchaser goes to open the box right then and there. There would have been fireworks. I would most likely open the box right there before leaving, especially with it already being a shady transaction. Man, would I be PISSED.

STeveZ

Thank you, Abelard
    Sep 22, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    They stop by my N. Harford Co. subdivision from time to time. Seems like they always have extras from the delivery they were making to my neighbor (LOL). Funniest one was when they were driving a POS beat up pick up truck with a chest freezer strapped in the bed. I've done the math on more than one occasion and it always makes more sense to buy good cuts of fresh meat at the grocery store.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    So far, they are the only solicitors who have blatantly ignored the "No Soliciting" sign on my door. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that they are illiterate.

Who the hell buys meat out of the back of some dude's van??

Free candy???

I never purchased their products... but have sampled some through a neighbor that did.

Terrible for what it cost,but Im a steak man and want the real deal.... I did get into it with one guy beacuse there is an obvious No Soliciting sign at entrance ...Dude just wouldnt take NO for an Answer

Annoying

One of the Cap Mts people came to my door about two or three years ago. Implemented my normal strategy by exiting the house from the rear and meeting the person as I come from the side heading to the front porch. Immediately upon seeing this scanky questionable looking dipshit standing there, I very sternly and loudly asked what type of no good he was up to (any of you that know me KNOW how I can get when I need to:D). Hew replied,"I'm not going to talk with you" and ran off the his C M van and left. Never had a visit from them again. Wondering if he saw something sticking out of my pants???

I tell them I like to kill my own. If I don't kill it, I don't eat it.

Beat me to it.

PCO31

Glockstar
    Mar 3, 2011
    Capitol Meats.....dont trust them for one second, have seen them scamming people on the street, at gasstations, etc....no regard at all for peoples privacy.....they love to prey on the elderly and uninformed.

DWinekoff

Nov 13, 2012
    Edgewater
    Asphalt

I have a family member that manages a pg county capitol meats location, they do hire criminals. But they have to re start somewhere, I understand that this might not be the best job for a neck tatted gangster kid. But yea. Over priced, yes. Theyre not casing houses, it's a legit business. ...... Don't judge a book by its cover.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    They were in my neighborhood this week, knocked on my door, I told the guy I was a vegetarian, he kept trying to sell,, I told him three times, finally slammed the door in his face. (I'm not a veggy,, but was trying to get rid of him)

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    One of the Cap Mts people came to my door about two or three years ago. Implemented my normal strategy by exiting the house from the rear and meeting the person as I come from the side heading to the front porch. Immediately upon seeing this scanky questionable looking dipshit standing there, I very sternly and loudly asked what type of no good he was up to (any of you that know me KNOW how I can get when I need to:D). Hew replied,"I'm not going to talk with you" and ran off the his C M van and left. Never had a visit from them again. Wondering if he saw something sticking out of my pants???

Well, depending on what "something" that was, there's a couple different possible motivating factors that could explain his rush. :D

gjohnsonoc

Feb 18, 2013
    OCMD
    Yea here on the eastern shore there is no box truck just a guy on a bike (crack head) who stole some steaks from Food Lion. He has great price I never buy from him though!

usaf_joe

newb..
    Jul 21, 2012
    AA County
    Wednesday night a Capital Meats van came driving through my neighborhood going door-to-door at about 8:30 PM. My neighbors were pissed.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I have a family member that manages a pg county capitol meats location, they do hire criminals. But they have to re start somewhere, I understand that this might not be the best job for a neck tatted gangster kid. But yea. Over priced, yes. Theyre not casing houses, it's a legit business. ...... Don't judge a book by its cover.

Yeah, the business itself might not endorse the casing of homes, but how comfortable do you think I feel with people of that nature coming by my place. Even if the employees they hire are not casing my place for their own benefit, they might tell their friends about it, etc. They might not even be telling their friends about it on purpose, but just in passing. Something like "Man, did I see an awesome car on such and such drive." "You should see the chainsaws and all the firewood this guy has on such and such drive." The friends pick up on it and next thing you know something of mine is missing. Granted, hopefully they pick up on the big dog at the house and that the owner is home almost 24/7.

Not saying Capital Meats is in the business of robbing homes. Just that its salesmen make me think twenty times about what is going on. I still think that if you are trying to sell meat from a truck, which is already a tough sell, you would hire some articulate, clean cut people, to represent your product.

Edit to add: It is tough not to judge a book by its cover when you will not have a chance to learn about anything in the book. Now, if these guys want to sit down and talk for a couple of hours about themselves, then I can get a better feel for what the book contains. Otherwise, I have to make my judgments based upon what I see.

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    I don't have many problems with solicitors these days as word travels pretty fast 'round these parts. Just ask the FedEx, UPS, mailman and the takeout delivery guys. My screen is full length glass and this is what most of them see when I open the door

RemingtonSteele.jpg

140 lbs of slobbering hair missile

CSS

Nov 30, 2012
    I don't have many problems with solicitors these days as word travels pretty fast 'round these parts. Just ask the FedEx, UPS, mailman and the takeout delivery guys. My screen is full length glass and this is what most of them see when I open the door

RemingtonSteele.jpg

140 lbs of slobbering hair missile

Pitbull bull dog mix? I can't figured out what that is lol...and 140lbs wow...

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    Pitbull bull dog mix? I can't figured out what that is lol...and 140lbs wow...

Purebred Johnson American Bull. He comes from a great line from out of Chesapeake Beach

what are you feeding that thing? mailmen and ups drivers? lol

One might think so by the way we get deliveries. Doorbell rings, we ask "who is it?" no answer. WE open door in time to see FedEx guy riding by and honking horn, package at the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom