• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daddyursus

Trusted Shellback
    Jan 11, 2013
    In a van down by the river
    Does anyone own or have experience with the P-83? I recently (Saturday) picked one up. With the pistol unloaded, safety off, the hammer has a gap between it and the firing pin. Almost like it is in the half cocked position. With the slide off and tension relied on the hammer, it rests in the full upright position, where it would strike the firing pin. So am I doing something wrong on re-assembly?
    All thoughts, recommendation and general comments welcome

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Sounds fine to me. Mine looks like this and functions great:

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      86.6 KB · Views: 224

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    That's interesting.

I'm guessing it has the safety block that keeps the hammer from contacting the firing pin unless the trigger is pulled, but it shouldn't sit back that far.

Does it seem to function if it's (unloaded, of course) and dry fired? If you hold the hammer while you pull the trigger, keep the trigger pulled back, will the hammer go all the way forward to the firing pin? (With the slide on)

Edit: Missed second post of thread. Yep, all pics online I can find look just like that, that's just a safety feature.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Edit: thought second post was a pic from the first poster.

How do you guys like these pistols? I'm a sucker for 9x18's and have looked at these before but never pulled the trigger on getting one...

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Edit: thought second post was a pic from the first poster.

How do you guys like these pistols? I'm a sucker for 9x18's and have looked at these before but never pulled the trigger on getting one...

I love mine. It's a definite improvement over the P-64, although the P-64 is smaller if that's an important consideration. The DA trigger pull is WAY better than a P-64. I just wish these were C&R. My P-83 is what I broke my HQL in on. SOG had them on sale for $200 over the holidays.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I love mine. It's a definite improvement over the P-64, although the P-64 is smaller if that's an important consideration. The DA trigger pull is WAY better than a P-64. I just wish these were C&R. My P-83 is what I broke my HQL in on. SOG had them on sale for $200 over the holidays.

I recently got a P-64 and love it. I'm surprised how accurate it is. That's a BEAST of a DA pull, even with the lighter Wolff hammer spring. I put the 18lb in and it helped the pull for sure, and no issues with light strikes. You can go down to 17lb I believe, but saw some people saying theirs weren't reliable with that weight.

I almost got a P-83 with the SOG sale, but them not being C&R was a deal breaker at the time... I'll probably kick myself for it later.

Tax return purchase? maybe... That and the Polish TTC are definitely on the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom