• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Actually need to see if there is any interest with all the new Mt Airy and points west members we have now. Someone should know a good place in Mt Airy, Fredneck or Hagerstown area for a meet up. We’re more of a steak and ribs area than crabs and shrimp. Went over an hour to the Pig Roast last year and had a fine time. Guess none this year? That thread sort of died. Sorry to hijack the thread!

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I’ve been here since April of ‘09. I’ve seen people come and go. I’ve seen epic meltdowns and abrupt exits.

The mods and staff do what they have to do and I respect that. I don’t post as much as I used to, but I still read a lot here.

I’ve said it before, things here are cyclical. I take some time off once in a while, but I’ll probably be here for another 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 28, 2013
    The only echo chamber was the constant incessant need for affirmation on his part. His with us or against litmus testing is the ultimate echo chamber.

Dissenting voices are welcome.

Being abusive is not.

I’ll admit I blew my stack on here a time or three.

I try to be easy to git along with, but there’s a coupla thangs that’ll spike my oil pressure right quick, like that whole “13er” hoohah for one, which thankfully we ain’t seein much of no more. Pickin on new guys for no good reason is another, and that’s what led to the rant you spanked me for last a coupla years back. Ain’t much I hate more than elitists and bullies and fellas with undersized genitalia syndrome that gotta go all “alpha male” on a fella when ain’t no way they’d do that mess in person.

I apologize for any misbehavior on my part, and much appreciate your openin up to us the way ya did here. I seriously didn’t think you had that in ya. :thumbsup:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    As I wrote earlier, everyone involved in this ridiculous situation was in error. Nobody won, everybody lost. Can I suggest some clarity to Norton please?

From your Administrators side, you have rules for personal attacks, common courtesy and threats but nothing is hard and fast for the consequences. The term getting “banned” is tossed around on MDS like a badge of honor. It’s really seen as an inconsequential “timeout” and not taken seriously.

Perhaps stated rules for:
    First Offense – One Week Suspension
    Second Offense – One Month Suspension
    Third Offense – Six Month Suspension
    Fourth Offense – Permanently BANNED

If members know the rules are enforced uniformly, they'll likely temper their tantrums on their own. I further suggest a sticky in Admin News and Announcements for Suspended or Banned Members. The news will get around quickly without you broadcasting and everyone will see the track record for those who can’t keep it together. It also won't give bad behavior any attention. Just my 2 pennies, Peace.

I have been watching this thread here and there during the day. Was going to avoid posting, but I think I will add 2 cents here.

I have been banned before. I know the reason for both of them. I have been on this forum since 2009 and received all of 2 bans with 18,000+ posts and I do not shy away from debate. I don't wear the bans as a badge of honor, but I do not shy away from them when asked and most of the long timers/regulars already know about them.

Now, what happens if this board is here for 40+ years and somebody gets 1 vacation a decade? Should they really receive a perma ban after that 4th vacation in 4 decades? Maybe the frequency of warnings/vacations need to be taken into account too.

Note that Jeff received 3 warnings before his vacation a week ago. I never received a single warning on either of mine. They were instant.

After what Bertfish wrote about the forum being ruined for him, I politely offered a truce to Stove and his reply was pretty much another attack at me.

I saw Norton's comment about the knives coming out and them being sharp. I have seen it before when other threads have gotten out of hand. That is a straight up message to cut the crap out. Period!!!!!!!!!! Those that ignored the sharp knife warning received a swift vacation in those past threads and these most recent ones.

Do you guys think I did not see the CPA comment last night and understand who it was aimed at? I decided working on tax returns would probably be a better idea than responding to it. I wanted to respond to the MSI/Hulbert "win" on the State's Motion to Dismiss in the First Amendment case; however, I decided it would be best if I stayed out of any thread that Jeff was currently posting in so we might maintain some type of peace.

Before I read this post, I was intending on saying thank you to TexKev, Norton and all the other admins in private for what they do to keep this place up and running. However, since I decided to post in this thread I want to make my thank you public. I want ALL of them to know how much I appreciate what they do. Like some others on here, I have been a mod, albeit on a board with a heck of a lot less traffic than this, and the job was not easy and it was usually thankless. I am glad that a lot of people on here recognize how much work the mods have to put into this board, and I also like to see that a lot of members here provide the mods with the thanks they so rightfully deserve.

That might have been a heck of a lot more than 2 cents worth, but so be it.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    The White Marsh area would be a good centralized spot for everyone to meet. As a matter of fact, right off of 43 is By The Docks, one of the best crab cakes you'll ever want to taste. They have tables upstairs that you can reserve. That might be a decent spot to have a Central Maryland MDS get together.

And, Tuesday nights are Crab cake nights, 2 awesome Crab cakes, salad, sides and dessert for $18!!

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    And, Tuesday nights are Crab cake nights, 2 awesome Crab cakes, salad, sides and dessert for $18!!

Did they change it to two crab cakes on Thursday nights. I was there a couple months ago on a Thursday night and it was a single crab cake.

Not that it really matters given the hugeness of their crab cakes. Can hardly eat one let alone two.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Did they change it to two crab cakes on Thursday nights. I was there a couple months ago on a Thursday night and it was a single crab cake.

Not that it really matters given the hugeness of their crab cakes. Can hardly eat one let alone two.

I've never even heard of that place before

remodeler1

Jul 23, 2013
    Frederick
    By The Docks has some great crab cakes. I believe they're associated with the folks that own Timbuktu & had some trouble with ICE a few years back.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    I understand that MDS can be habit forming. For those that are so incensed by this turn of events that they post "I'm done" or the like, PM me.

I have a way (available at no cost to you) to help ease your desire to continue posting and will accommodate your eagerness to leave this community.

Please don't disappoint me by not reaching out and taking advantage of this offer.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I understand that MDS can be habit forming. For those that are so incensed by this turn of events that they post "I'm done" or the like, PM me.

I have a way (available at no cost to you) to help ease your desire to continue posting and will accommodate your eagerness to leave this community.

Please don't disappoint me by not reaching out and taking advantage of this offer.

Does it involve a hammer?

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I've never even heard of that place before

Its legit!

Really it's in middle river, not white marsh. Been there many times with family and friends. Bengie's drive-in is right behind it.

Another good one in the same area is Carsons Creekside, which is right next to Martin state airport.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Well, I was going to stay out of this thread, but after reading someone else’s disingenuous two-cents worth why not?

Rack&Roll is a presence. He’s passionate and committed. He’s willing to brawl and views naysayers, do nothings, incrementalists, defeatists and apologists as even worse than the outright antis, because they are destructive from within. I tend to agree. He is willing to openly challenge them to do more. That’s what he does in the public square and did in the MDS sandbox. He doesn’t have a throttle or selector switch. Right is right and wrong is wrong. That doesn’t bother me in the least. When I disagree with him I just move on.

I don’t have the time or desire to read every post on this forum like I once did, but from scanning the funeral comments above, a handful of thin-skinned, painty-waisted, ankle biting, piss ants bombed the mods until they were so annoyed and frustrated the ultimate penalty was enforced against Rack&Roll. That’s truly unfortunate, but I am not questioning the mods judgment in that regard because there were warnings.

I do wonder why the instigators on the opposite side waging their own little non-stop jihad against all things PP, including Rack&Roll as one of its outspoken leaders, weren’t dealt a similar blow. I get that they didn’t like Jeff’s confrontational persona, but they are attacking a lot of other folks here when they attack the PP movement as a whole. So it appears it’s okay to attack other organizations, efforts, and groups of people within provided you don’t do it one on one.

I agree with others above that we should find a way for MDS and PP to better complement each other - they are supposed to be on the same team.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom