• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kjf45

Jan 3, 2012
    Catonsville
    Sorry if this is a dupe, I'm on my phone.

Can we get those wonderful quotes gathered from last nights mess. I could only listen for a short time and to weed through the entire thread would take forever. I want to send these out in an email. Thanks.

sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    Apparently frosh thinks anyone who ccw's and is a civilian is just someone trying to be "a big guy with a gun."

RealtorMatt

I didn't write anything down verbatim, but the BEST quotes from last night were:

1. "We need people a heck of a lot smarter than us to figure this out"

2. "We're not qualified to do this"

Both quotes were in response to creating legislation dealing with the mentally ill.

I am still seething this morning. :mad54: The blatant disregard that these people treated our rights was astonishing. People need to listen to these types of votes more often and realize what kind of morons they actually elect into office.

I am sorry to say this, and I DO appreciate the fact that some of the folks are on our side.... but the ones on our side got absolutely crushed by Frosh. They were unprepared with facts, they were stuttering all over themselves, haphazardly came up with amendments to the bills, and they just seemed way, way out of their league.

Now... with that said, most of the libtards there just agreed with whatever Frosh said and were checked out completely. They didn't care to listen to facts and were fine with coming up with hack legislation on the fly.

This state is a joke with these people in public office.

kjf45

Jan 3, 2012
    Catonsville
    I know one was to the tune of " we need to get this right " and i cant remember but at the end of one someone else chimed in " we are on line " or " people are listening online ".

I want to gather it all and email and try to get it all out their so the masses realize how stupid these idiots are.

Brooksy

Mar 21, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    "This is a reasonable, even if half-baked, proposal so I support it." I think it was Gladden in regards to thrm trying to hammer out the mental health prohibitions.

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    From what little I heard, I'm shocked at how little many of those in the room really knew about the subject.
    We need to really beat the bushes before the next election and have these people replaced. They are an embarrassment.

mrbunny

Da Bullet go Boom.
    Feb 4, 2013
    Dundalk.
    I didn't write anything down verbatim, but the BEST quotes from last night were:

1. "We need people a heck of a lot smarter than us to figure this out"

2. "We're not qualified to do this"

Both quotes were in response to creating legislation dealing with the mentally ill.

Ya know.. at least they are willing to admit that they are not experts when it comes to psychology.

Better than drafting a bill regarding a subject that they know nothing abou... ohh wait...

damn...

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    From what little I heard, I'm shocked at how little many of those in the room really knew about the subject.
    We need to really beat the bushes before the next election and have these people replaced. They are an embarrassment.

I'm not, I spoke with Senator Nancy King about this, and she admitted to me that she didn't know anything about firearms.

She said, at least 5 times, that "we need to do something" but didn't know what to do.

Obviously, from a political standpoint, no one wants to touch the mentally ill issue as it's a huge lightning rod; it appears that taking guns is easier politically than touching mental health.

Most of the people in the assembly don't know anything about firearms. ...and they don't appear to care.

DDZ71

Jan 17, 2012
    Can someone create a sticky with each quote and the person who said it so we can rail these idiots and we can fire then from their job. I am livid after listening last night. I will fight this to the finish but if we lose I am gone from this gulag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom