• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    I just got a Stag lower in .223. I really want to buy some magazines when I am in PA, but will any old 20rnd or 30rnd work?

I particularly like
    288026.jpg

and magpuls

Anyone know from experience?

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    That looks like a Lancer. It's a nice mag, I have one. Any AR mag will work. The Magpul Pmags are good to go or any USGI aluminum mag. Most now have the new followers.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Of all the mags I have, only one ever has a problem....it won't let the last round get stripped off. I guess the spring is weak or something but it works fine as a range mag.

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    Ok, I'm just saying **** it and buying $100 worth of 30rnd Brownell's and magpul pmags. I mean the reviews look great and I just hope the fit snug in my Stag Lower.

Thats is what I wanted to hear, any mag that says AR will work. .223 and 5.56 don't seem to matter, that is only in the chamber I guess and even there it does not make a huge difference.

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    ok, thanks guys. I guess 4pmags and 3 Brownells should last a while.

Simon Yu

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2007
    Rockville
    The only thing to be aware of is that USGI 30 round mags that do not have a green follower are supposed to be unreliable. PMAGs are fine and droolworthy.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I like Pmags also, but for one match 20"A2 build I did, I lapped the upper to the lower, and filled the mag well a little to tighten things up, and P-mags fit a little too tight, aluminum GI mags fit perfect. IMO, for most AR's there is no reason to buy anything other than P_mags, they are simply better in most every way, and don't really cost more than decent GI mags

HoChiWaWa

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    USGI mags with magpull anti-tilt followers are what I own, you can buy tons of GI mags for cheap and followers aren't expensive, a couple bucks for 3, I've had great results with the combination.
    I also have a Brownells 20 rounder for bench shooting that is fairly reliable.

The clear mags are neat, I have no experience with them other than thinking it was really awsome watching my buddy dump a mag full auto through the mag.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Wow, if you are looking for Pmags, AIM is about the only place where I can find them outside of the a-holes selling them for $30ea, looks like the before they ban em race has gone into second gear.

m21att1

Nov 19, 2007
    Wow, if you are looking for Pmags, AIM is about the only place where I can find them outside of the a-holes selling them for $30ea, looks like the before they ban em race has gone into second gear.

I've haven't been able to find them anywhere, including AIM. Out of stock...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom