• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    unless she looks like a supermodel, drop her. if she does, bang her a few times then drop her
    Yup

unless she is ridiculously hot or has tons of money get out while you can.
    Yup too

The fact that you're asking for relationship advice on MDS forums should answer your own question.
    Um he does have a point

Just tell her she can't shoot semiauto. Even if her life depended on it. She'll have you down at the range in no time. :D

WINNER!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Hey don't left hand bash autoloaders as to being suitable for hunting. Plenty of " fire a lot to make up for it " takes place with pumps and levers, it's not a semiauto thing either way.

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    When I met my wife we had a similar discussion. She said that all "we the people" needed was a bolt action rifle or shotgun for hunting and protection. She condemned all other guns. I told her that if she was going to spend any time with me then she would at least have to learn gun safety and how to operate one. I said that they are in my house and that she did not have to like it or them, but she would have to learn how to be safe around them. She bought it! I gave her a few safety lessons at home and then we went to the range. That was all it took. She is very pro 2A and owns her own semi-auto rifle and pistol. Once she lost the fear and learned the truth, her views changed. I did not feed her my point of view. She formed her own. Worked well for me, good luck.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    UPDATE: In addition to being overtly anti-gun, she is also a hardcore Liberal. I decided to break it off. There is no way we could have overcome that level of difference. Time to move on!

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    UPDATE: In addition to being overtly anti-gun, she is also a hardcore Liberal. I decided to break it off. There is no way we could have overcome that level of difference. Time to move on!

How did the range go?

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    How did the range go?

I decided not to waste ammo on her when she politely explained to me that she was not anti-gun at all (and got miffed that I suggested she was) and that as long as it was not semi-auto she was fine with it. Life is too short to waste it talking to Liberals.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Rigggghhhhtttttttttttttt..........

Dating someone who previously told me they have nothing against firearms and grew up with them but just had them ask my why anyone "needs" a semi-automatic firearm. Thinks there is no place for a semi-autos in private hands and also thinks the 2nd amendment is clearly in reference to organized state-run militias and not an individual right.

My thoughts are to drop them and move on. Not sure this type of opinion can be fixed.

What say ye?

Nah. My wife and I are both Canadians - when we came here, we were both adamantly against guns. We have both flopped and gone to the other extreme. Keep discussing it, keep letting her listen to the various you tube videos about it. She will come around - if she doesn't then she isn't very intelligent and you should dump her for being stupid.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I decided not to waste ammo on her when she politely explained to me that she was not anti-gun at all (and got miffed that I suggested she was) and that as long as it was not semi-auto she was fine with it. Life is too short to waste it talking to Liberals.

You should have told her that the 1st amendment was fine too as long as it was exercised with an IBM selectric.

JamesH

That Guy
    Oct 11, 2014
    Laurel, MD
    It amazes me how often people bring up the questions about what sort of guns we "need" for 2A purposes. For one, it doesn't matter why we "need" it; we have the right. A better 1A comparison that the IBM Selectric (which is a great piece of machinery, I have one that still works) would be "what sort of speech do you need to have for 1A?"

But more to the point of what we "need": put in an historical context, the guns we "need" under 2A are enough to guarantee all of our other rights. When 2A was written, the colonists had just fought a war to regain rights that were stripped away by a tyrannical government. Our founding fathers knew that the only way to ensure a government "by the people, of the people, and for the people" is to ensure that the people have the means to take back their rights if a tyrant attempts to strip them away.

Feb 28, 2013
    "A well regulated Militia..." The PLAIN meaning of this phrase is that the People have the DUTY to arm themselves with the SAME weapons as those currently use by the common foot soldier.

Exactly.:thumbsup:

But according to libs only the common foot soldier needs what's currently in use by the common foot soldier.:rolleyes:

This is the kind of talk that makes gun owners look bad and infuriates Liberals. Do most of you think women are just sex toys?

No, but I don't care what talk infuriates liberals. Our side doesn't pass laws that restrict Constitutional rights.

If this gal is beyond reasoning, like most libs are, then she needs to be dropped like a bad habit.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    The inner Libertarian says all weapons should be legal to possess. Yes, that includes machine guns, flame-throwers, etc. What should be illegal is use of these in an attempt to injure people or property.

But, since people are people, we have to ban some weapons. But let's not go crazy.
    We has gone crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom