• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ffemtreed

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2011
    Wilmington, NC
    Does anyone know of any guns that the handgun roster didn't approve or how many guns they disapprove of?

I have a feeling that 99.999% of all gun submitted do get approved.

So in these budget crunch times, wouldn't it be more prudent to use that manpower actually fighting crimes or other necessary administrative tasks?

Same goes with the unfunded fired shell casing, i am sure it costs money to store and it does take up someones time to transfer the cases to the barrels.

To me it seems like a perfect time for some of our legislatures to introduce bills to repeal some of those laws as a cost savings measure.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    No way. Your ideas would make sense and save money and provide better service to citizens. Md would never fall for that.:rolleyes:

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Yes, the roster program and the fired shell casing program are completely bogus, useless wastes of taxpayer money. As is the MSP77 form, and 7-day waiting period (a needless duplication of the federal NICS program.)

But they serve a political agenda: not to prevent criminals from getting guns, or solve crimes, but to add impediments and hurdles to gun ownership. Which is all that is important to Maryland's anti-gun community, regardless of what their agenda costs the taxpayers.

ffemtreed

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2011
    Wilmington, NC
    Yes, the roster program and the fired shell casing program are completely bogus, useless wastes of taxpayer money. As is the MSP77 form, and 7-day waiting period (a needless duplication of the federal NICS program.)

But they serve a political agenda: not to prevent criminals from getting guns, or solve crimes, but to add impediments and hurdles to gun ownership. Which is all that is important to Maryland's anti-gun community, regardless of what their agenda costs the taxpayers.

I understand the laws are there just to be a pain, but we have some allies in the system that should be trying to fight this kind of stuff.

I am sick of seeing all these negative bills introduced every year, any no bills to ever repeal any of the bad ones other than an occasional CCW bill.

We need to start fighting fire with fire and pick off this low hanging fruit so to speak.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Does anyone know of any guns that the handgun roster didn't approve or how many guns they disapprove of?
    The big disqualifier is "no trigger guard". I've seen some references to small and cheap .25 and .32 guns having some issues with approval as well. I do agree that the roster board could, de facto, be replaced with a couple of rules, but the legislative environment we currently have would not be amenable to that.

ffemtreed

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2011
    Wilmington, NC
    The big disqualifier is "no trigger guard". I've seen some references to small and cheap .25 and .32 guns having some issues with approval as well. I do agree that the roster board could, de facto, be replaced with a couple of rules, but the legislative environment we currently have would not be amenable to that.

I see the North American Arms The Earl is on the list and that doesn't have a trigger guard. I don't see most of the other north American arms stuff on the list though.

I wonder if we can get a freedom of information act request to get % or list of all disapproved firearms. Maybe even request the standards they use to determine the guns status.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom