• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • a_randy_sewer

Prius-driving-gun-owner
    Nov 18, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    (I posted this yesterday in the Sticky which probably wasn't a great place for it.)

I have a question that I am thoroughly confused on:
    1. I have already sent off for my C&R 1 week ago.
    2. I have read the FAQ up and down.

Scenario:
    Buying a CZ-82 from a Dealer/Gunsmith in PA, how do I legally get it to MD?
    If he transfers to a MD FFL, will they check against the Approved Regulated Handgun List and deny the application? (I ask because I was reading a post from 2011 about someone that was denied in a MD FFL because it wasn't on the list) Unsure of this particular one's manufacture date.
    Is my best bet to wait to take possession and use my 03 FFL and ship from PA/pick it up out of state?

I am not asking how to circumvent the law, I would just like to know the proper procedure, understanding that if I had my 03 C&R it could be delivered to my door.

Thank you for any insight.

Also, if the transfer can take place at a 01 FFL, will a bore lock be required? If so should I use a .380 for the 9/18 chamber? Thanks.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    if its a C&R tansfer, why would it need to go to a MD ffl? eliminatethe middle man.

you can pick it up and drive it back with your FFL03, or have it shipped right to you here in md.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I would wait for the C&R to come. When I got mine I only waited 4 weeks, don't know how they're running right now timewise though.

a_randy_sewer

Prius-driving-gun-owner
    Nov 18, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Thanks for the response.

I am still waiting on my C&R to come back. In the mean time, Brian at Easton Firearms Refinishing (01 FFL) ordered the CZ-82 and is smithing it for me. I am just wondering how to take possession. Hopefully it takes a month and by then my 03 FFL arrives and I can take possession directly.

My question is if it is finished next week per say, and I do not have my 03 in hand, how do I take possession? Transfer at a MD dealer, will they check it against the handgun list?

if its a C&R tansfer, why would it need to go to a MD ffl? eliminatethe middle man.

you can pick it up and drive it back with your FFL03, or have it shipped right to you here in md.

a_randy_sewer

Prius-driving-gun-owner
    Nov 18, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    That is where I am leaning, I just don't like waiting.

With this current paperwork, stall between the wife and I we have 4 (our first 4) toys in limbo.

And oh yes, Roll Tide. So glad ND got embarrassed, #1 my ass.

I would wait for the C&R to come. When I got mine I only waited 4 weeks, don't know how they're running right now timewise though.

a_randy_sewer

Prius-driving-gun-owner
    Nov 18, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Ahh, so you are saying I shouldn't be reading 2010 woes?

Thanks for your wisdom sir. (I can breathe now, can't wait for you guys to see the CZ!) After looking at C&R handguns I find the newer polymer/plastic handguns woefully lacking in character.

the CZ-82 recently made the MD handgun roster last cycle, so its a non issue anyways

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    You're probably better off waiting for your 03 FFL to come, then you can take possession right there in PA, and bring it back. Otherwise, he'll have to transfer it to a Maryland FFL, and you'll have to fill out MSP77R + 4473's, and wait 7+ days for MSP to "not disapprove" you.

(I deleted my previous message, after realizing the gunsmith was in PA)

a_randy_sewer

Prius-driving-gun-owner
    Nov 18, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    No worries, I really do appreciate all of the help.

It was shitty timing on my part to start my collection on 12/27, even though the wife has been adding pressure for a year to become owners.

It was the recent events/panic that fueled us to start. Having said that, I am a novice, but I can use the search tool, fill out forms and research, I just didn't see this question addressed. Unfortunately nobody in my Prius Car Club could answer those questions...

You're probably better off waiting for your 03 FFL to come, then you can take possession right there in PA, and bring it back. Otherwise, he'll have to transfer it to a Maryland FFL, and you'll have to fill out MSP77R + 4473's, and wait 7+ days for MSP to "not disapprove" you.

(I deleted my previous message, after realizing the gunsmith was in PA)

a_randy_sewer

Prius-driving-gun-owner
    Nov 18, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Thanks for answering the other question. I am going to sit tight and stop staring at pictures of CZ-82's all day until I get a call... Hopefully then my 03 arrives, if not, I just hope he is cool sitting on it (fully paid) until I can take possession.

Used guns should not require a lock.

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    Thanks for answering the other question. I am going to sit tight and stop staring at pictures of CZ-82's all day until I get a call... Hopefully then my 03 arrives, if not, I just hope he is cool sitting on it (fully paid) until I can take possession.

My c&r took almost 2 months. I want a cz82 however i have my c&r just funds are slim so i am waiting...

a_randy_sewer

Prius-driving-gun-owner
    Nov 18, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Not sure I can wait 2 months, might have to bite the bullet and pay the $40 (a tad high) and sacrifice somewhere else... honey, we can go out to eat, in fact you can have up to 3 items on the dollar menu!! 4 if we include dessert.

My c&r took almost 2 months. I want a cz82 however i have my c&r just funds are slim so i am waiting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom