• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magnum

Feb 5, 2007
    New Windsor, Maryland
    I received my renewal notice from Utah BCI.
    The letter states that if I reside in a state (other than Utah) that recognizes the validity of the Utah permit through reciprocity or recognition, I must be in possession of my states` (Maryland) CFP or CCW permit before I can renew my Utah CFP. I must include a photocopy of my states` permit.

Since Maryland does not recognize Utah, and of course I do not have a Maryland CFP, does this now mean I cannot renew my Utah CFP? Is this a new change in Utah CFP policy? :mad54:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    read your question again... lol

it sounds like you can still apply since md doesnt recognize nor have reciprocity with utah.. ;)

Rhino

Dec 6, 2008
    Mount Airy
    When my buddy and I took the course last year, he had to include a copy of his permit (from WV) as they have reciprocity with Utah. MD does not so this does not apply to us.

Dukes Defense

Oct 2, 2012
    I received my renewal notice from Utah BCI.
    The letter states that if I reside in a state (other than Utah) that recognizes the validity of the Utah permit through reciprocity or recognition, I must be in possession of my states` (Maryland) CFP or CCW permit before I can renew my Utah CFP. I must include a photocopy of my states` permit.

Since Maryland does not recognize Utah, and of course I do not have a Maryland CFP, does this now mean I cannot renew my Utah CFP? Is this a new change in Utah CFP policy? :mad54:

Utah continues to recognize that Maryland is a non-issue state and will renew your permit without a problem. They have made the process even easier by allowing individuals to renew online. All you have to do is upload a recent photo to their website when you reapply and pay the $15.00 fee and $0.75 service fee. If you're in the neighborhood Saturday about 1pm, stop in my classroom and get your photo taken and send everything in online.

Here are a couple links for your information including a NEW link where you can renew online:

http://www.dukesdefenseworld.com/utah-course-information.html

Renew Utah Permit Online: https://secure.utah.gov/concealed-firearms/index.html;jsessionid=794d307b617090da5d0d26dbc02c

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    That's because there are 17 ( and growing ) states that will recognize ANY state's permit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom