• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • uneven

Front and Center
    Dec 21, 2012
    Was wondering, for those who were affected by the 1994 ban, how long was it from the time the ban was passed before it went into effect? Can't seem to find anything on that. Anyone here remember?

Thanks

Furious George

May 10, 2010
    The fist AWB passed the Senate in November of 1993.

The House passed their version in May 1994 by one vote - "a Clinton Landslide"

The reconciled/confernce version was passed as part of the Crime Bill in Sept. 1994 and went into effect a few days later.

At the time there were articles decrying how the Sept. delay of a few day allowed additional legal magazines to be manufactured.

uneven

Front and Center
    Dec 21, 2012
    At the time there were articles decrying how the Sept. delay of a few day allowed additional legal magazines to be manufactured.

Are you kidding!?

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Thanks for the info. I'm just curious. I think an injunction will be put into place the moment any possible ban is enacted and I think now that the panic seems to be dying down and people are starting to realize what is going on, that leaves plenty of time for 2A legal defenses to be prepared.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    I don't really remember but there was a lag time where the market was flooded with mags like now.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It's not so much the Panic is dieing down , it's just that by now most of the existing mdse in the commercial supply chain has been already sold, or marked up high enough to cause pause. With supply and demand , some existing rifles will be lured out for $$ . Of course all the Mfgs are working as fast as they can pending their supply chains. There is anecdotal evidence of dealser having waiting lists , and taking preorders, so that will slow down having actual mdse sitting on a shelf.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The '94 AWB took effect quickly. It was the '86 Full Auto ban that in the month leading up to signing saw the number of newly mfg recievers excede the previous 52yr cumulative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom