Question about Glock 31 and 33 rd magazines...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zmayhem

Feb 2, 2012
    I have searched for information on this and have come up with a few different answers which contradict each other. Some people say you cannot possess these in Maryland, others say you cannot assemble or purchase them in Maryland but you can purchase them in another state where they are legal and bring them into Maryland. I just want to make sure I know what the law is 100% before I do anything. Thanks for the help guys!

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    As a non-FFL, you cannot purchase, sell, transfer, or mail/ship them within MD. You can purchase them in another state and bring them back with you. They are not illegal to possess in MD.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    no greater than 20 round magazine can be sold, bought, trade, manufacture etc. in the state of maryland. you can own them and its perfectly legal.

sorry too lazy to search for the code.

zmayhem

Feb 2, 2012
    Thanks! Just wanted to verify that although I cannot legally purchase them or assemble them here, I can drive to PA and purchase them and legally transport and own them. Will probably pick some up next weekend, tired of loading all my stock ones every time I go shooting.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Thanks! Just wanted to verify that although I cannot legally purchase them or assemble them here, I can drive to PA and purchase them and legally transport and own them. Will probably pick some up next weekend, tired of loading all my stock ones every time I go shooting.

Just remember, some of the commercial indoor ranges have rules about bringing a loaded mag into their facility. Their building, their rules.

Tired of loading mags??? Take a class where you fire 400+ rounds in 14 hours.

zmayhem

Feb 2, 2012
    Tired of loading mags??? Take a class where you fire 400+ rounds in 14 hours.[/QUOTE]

I usually fire about 200-300 rounds in one or two hours each time I shoot, so firing 100 more rounds within 12 hours doesn't sound like too much more...

Yeah, I have one of the UpLula's too, honestly it is easier to use but not too much quicker than just loading by hand at the range, especially when the mags are broken in. Can't wait til we get our 2nd Amendment right back from Maryland and I can just have them loaded and ready to go before I leave the house.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air

That is our understanding, but I would recommend that you not take our word for something that could easily land you on the wrongside of the law. Don't risk you freedoms to a bunch of internet people. Call a lawyer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom