• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adam620

Jun 1, 2009
    Did they just put a red maryland state police licenseing divison stamp on your forms or did they write out the section? All they did was put that stamp on my form and write in a phone number.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    Mine have the MSP Firearms Licensing Division stamp, a date stamp, a stamp that says The Supt of State Police gives permission for ___________ to sign and they have found no criminal record then it's signed by a Sgt. I could go get the form and write exactly what it says, but that's what I remember.

adam620

Jun 1, 2009
    danm i think someone was lazy and only put one stamp on my form,i sent the form in acouple months ago but its been nagging on my mind.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I recently got two form 1's back from MSP. It has the red stamp, black stamp, signature, and phone number. Form 1's from earlier this year had a little more filled out in the By (if delegated authority to sign....)section.

adam620

Jun 1, 2009
    do you think my form will get disapproved if i only have the msp licenseing stamp and a phone number?

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    do you think my form will get disapproved if i only have the msp licenseing stamp and a phone number?

Not sure. Here is how MSP approved my two most recent Form 1s. How does this compared to yours?

Attachments

• Form 1 MSP.JPG
      Form 1 MSP.JPG
      41 KB · Views: 332

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I can't tell you what BATFE will do without a signature, even though it has the approved stamp. However, you could call the Class 3 folks at MSP and tell them what you have and see if they say that someone should have signed your form.

Revvin' Evan

Oct 17, 2010
    Baltimore County
    So when you walk in to the MSP office what do you say?

"I'm buying an ultra cool NFA item:gun2: and I need you to sign off on it whether you like it or not.":poke:

Seriously though, who do you ask for and how do you go about it?

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Show up with your forms, an MSP-specific finger print card and a check for $18, a very uninterested bureaucrat will come downstairs, have you sign the form in front of him/her and send you on your way. The completed forms will be mailed to you in a few weeks (or six months for me on two of my SBRs, I was pissed and now go direct to my sheriff).

Revvin' Evan

Oct 17, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Show up with your forms, an MSP-specific finger print card and a check for $18, a very uninterested bureaucrat will come downstairs, have you sign the form in front of him/her and send you on your way. The completed forms will be mailed to you in a few weeks (or six months for me on two of my SBRs, I was pissed and now go direct to my sheriff).

6 months huh? Lame. Hope that doesn't happen to me.

Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

Major Asstard

Dec 22, 2012
    Greetings All,

New to the forum today. Need help please. Sent in my Form 4 for a suppressor. Been 3 months now and my Class 3 dealer called me & said the Examiner sent my paperwork back. They require a red stamp on it? ALL the forms were filled out properly, photos, signatures from the MSP Barrack Commander, etc... Is this something new? This is my first application for an NFA item so please bear with me. What do I need to do to complete their request?

Thanks in advance, Major

Major Asstard

Dec 22, 2012
    I haven't received my paperwork USPS back from BHOG yet. The red stamps are what he was referring to that the examiner is requesting I guess.

Major Asstard

Dec 22, 2012
    Update Gentleman:

The examiner wanted my CLEO (Sheriff) to sign off on my paperwork and not the MSP Barrack Commander. Signed on a Friday, mailed back to Martinsburg. Two Thursday's later and BHOG sent me a text saying my form 4 had cleared. Picked up my can the next day. 7 month wait. Very excited it is now mine. Now to get the QD mounts installed and get ready for Spring shooting at the range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom