• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pablo

Backpfeifengesicht
    Oct 13, 2009
    Baltimore City
    Amazing attention to detail. Give him a shout if you're interested.

He does a "usability" package that includes a slight grip reduction, finger groove removal, 360 stippling, mag release bevel, trigger guard undercut as well as full inner/outer relief (glove bevel) and trigger guard stippling.

Those mag spacers were a bit awkward to grip before. It melts into my hand now.

602118_701921763158956_1751926286_n.jpg

SSVi LLC on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/SSVi.LLC?directed_target_id=0

OH IT'S KINO

Southerner
    Feb 16, 2011
    Ameritopia
    Looks very nice. Did he thin out the trigger guard, too? I want to modify one of my glocks like this, but I'm nervous to try it out myself.

pablo

Backpfeifengesicht
    Oct 13, 2009
    Baltimore City
    Looks very nice. Did he thin out the trigger guard, too? I want to modify one of my glocks like this, but I'm nervous to try it out myself.

He only stippled the undercut. He has a few more hi-res pics of the work on his Facebook page. He' a good dude. If you give him a call and tell him what you want to do, he'll probably have some pointers.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    What method did you use to ship the frame? On Monday I visited FedEx to ship to Cold Bore and they wanted $70 and change. Of course I didn't ship, tooooooooooooo much monies for a $35 + $10 shipping job.

pablo

Backpfeifengesicht
    Oct 13, 2009
    Baltimore City
    What method did you use to ship the frame? On Monday I visited FedEx to ship to Cold Bore and they wanted $70 and change. Of course I didn't ship, tooooooooooooo much monies for a $35 + $10 shipping job.

I did 2nd day air at the FedEx in Baltimore for 48 bones.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Yes. FedEx does not require disassembly. You can ship the firearm intact.

WOW, that wasn't my experience. I even showed the clerk the stripped framed (minus trigger & trigger bar). She went in the back and talked to her boss and he told her overnight, next day delivery.

Will go and try again.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    self stippling

I was nervous too, but, and I am bragging a little here, but mine looks just about as good as this stippling on the frame in the pictures above. I just used a really small soldering iron, and it took me several hours to do. I should take some pictures and post it.

I did not put a border on it, as I did not think about it at the time. Try practicing on a magazine first, at the bottom. It can be very time consuming, especially with a small tip, but, it is not difficult at all, it you have a little DIY talent :D

pablo

Backpfeifengesicht
    Oct 13, 2009
    Baltimore City
    WOW, that wasn't my experience. I even showed the clerk the stripped framed (minus trigger & trigger bar). She went in the back and talked to her boss and he told her overnight, next day delivery.

Will go and try again.

They tried the same with me. I asked them to show me in the regs where it said I had to ship overnight. Sure enough, there it was - 2nd day air authorized. I think they consider a stripped frame to be a "firearm".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cddrive

Latest threads

Top Bottom