• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Are there any ?

I have an interest in possibly picking up a quality AK, but in the interest of keeping my ammo purchasing and storage as simple as possible I don't want to add another caliber.

So far I've only found Arsenal side folders, I'm not all that keen on the side folder stocks though.

Anyone have info or a source for a quality undercover in 5.56 ?

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Are there any ?

I have an interest in possibly picking up a quality AK, but in the interest of keeping my ammo purchasing and storage as simple as possible I don't want to add another caliber.

So far I've only found Arsenal side folders, I'm not all that keen on the side folder stocks though.

Anyone have info or a source for a quality undercover in 5.56 ?

You might want to try the side folders again, they are really comfortable to shoot compared to an underfolder. Sure not as cool but more useful in the real world.

That said, probably the best quality value in underfolders are the preban Norinco 84s's they can be had for around $1200. Only downside is that the mags are really pricey and you cant use Bulgarian mags. Norinco 30s run about $35 to $50 each these days. Its one of the reasons I probably wont buy one till I move back to PA, since most of them come with some 30rders.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Plus 0ne on a Pre- ban Norinco 84S. I have a couple of 86Sn and Quality is awesome. Better yet, if you can fine one made by Polytech.. The Bluing will be much better.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    It's like gunbroker but the 84s is gone just giving the OP some options where to find what he's looking for:)

Na not after that, just trying to figure out this auction-e everytime I go there I get directed to another site automatically.

Also dont understand the "removed from gunbroker" is this because they were bad players in the market? Bad feedback?

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Yugo M95. Has everything you want.

-chrome barrel
    -flip up night sights
    -adjustable gas system
    -essentially unused before being cut up and imported
    -VERY mild (wimpy) recoil due to weight of firearm and adj gas system. This helps because cheek welds on regular x39 underfolders aren't very comfortable after a few shots.

Extra mags are pricey-if you can find them.

ETA: Forgot about Polytechs. They are awesome too!

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    After looking around at things the mags seem to be a stumbling block. I had just assumed that they would be as plentiful as the 7.62 & 5.45 mags.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    Polytech...mags are a problem and I've seen the mags for sale at $100 ea.

Side folders are more comfortable than the underfolder and they lock up solid on my Arsenal. Get the SLR-106UR and chop that bitch. Definitely your style.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Too bad no one thinks about converting them to use Mini-14 mags.

Or just Bulgarian mags. But why mess with a classic good gun. Which is why the krebs or slr 106 may be a better shooter choice.

That said a fixed stock 84 is on my list

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    I've a 84s full stock. The mags are hard to find, but can be found. I have 18 now

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    I'm working on it. Next show should be Louisville Ky in December.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom