• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    It's actually Maryland legal since it's an AR-10 rifle in .308. Their website is wrong. Unless it comes with 20 round mags, then it's not legal. You are trying to build an AR-15 style rifle without a heavy barrel, so that's not legal in Maryland.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Jimbob beat me to it. The 20 round mag doesn't make it illegal, you just can't buy one with the mag in the state of MD. Atlantic, Accurate Pawn & Tackle both IP's are distributors

Last edited:

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    They would ship it without the mag the price good or bad? It would have to hbar even chambered in 308?

You are confused.
    The 216 is in the AR10 family. It is not banned in any form, only the mags over 10 rounds are banned. HBAR doesn't enter into the equation. I have no opinion on their prices.

The Mk12 is a 223 and therefore an AR15 copy. All AR15's sold in MD have to be HBAR's which is a term not defined in the law by any measurements. The current MDSP interpretation is they do not have to be stamped HBAR but should be at least advertised as such.

There is a substantial difference in the experience and the cost of shooting an AR10 vs an AR15. You need to decide what you really want before you start spending money. A trip to one of our IP's like Engage, who by all accounts build their own excellent AR15's, would be useful.

Clandestine has a thread about a build your own AR course, I have not been following it and have no idea if it filled. The problem for a newbie building his own is there are too many options, to many manufacturers to know how to choose which parts to buy, without doing a lot of research.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    They would ship it without the mag the price good or bad? It would have to hbar even chambered in 308?

308 not regulated, the 20rd mags are the only issue, there are work arounds, but it depends on the Vendor if they will ship W/O Mags...or substitute with 10rd mags instead.

As noted only the 223/556 Caliber AR is required to be an HBAR/MD compliant...

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I have also read on these forums that since the PWS is piston, it does not apply, regardless. The PWS MK116 Mod1, which I have is piston. I do believe that piston AR15s are not part of the equation. The others that have far more knowledge than I can chime in. BTW, I purchased prior to D-Day in 2013.

And, you are looking at an AR10- mentioned above, also does not apply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom