• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    I have wanted one of the PWS Summit rifles for some time. When I see new things that I want I shelf the Idea and if it lingers, I get that item some time later. I do this so that I don't go crazy buying a bunch of new gear.
    This build idea has stuck around for a few years. I was looking into price and availability only to find that it was out of my price range and not available anyway. I gave up on the idea.
    A few weeks back I was driving through VA on my way to a funeral. My mother had passed away suddenly. It was a rough drive/ trip. I remembered that there was a shop that I liked with a great selection of used guns. the thought was a welcome distraction. I stopped in and again was in awe at the selection and price of their used guns. I spent an hour or so looking at all of the stuff they had. I had found a NRA edition 50th anniversary Ruger 10/22 that I liked. I was on may way to the register when I saw and odd shaped 10/22 on the rack. the receiver was a bit bulky and it had rounded edges. I turned it over only to see that it was a PWS Summit rifle. It was mixed in with the 10/22's. It was priced as a used 10/22! JACKPOT! I set the NRA rifle down and picked up the new find. After a detailed inspection I ran to the register. CASH AND CARRY.......ITS MINE!
    The rifle showed no signs of any use. There was no lead or carbon anywhere on the rifle. I tore down the original rifle and built this; my mother's parting gift:
    IMG_18851_zpsxvfebme2.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Wow, nice score. Be careful with those PWS toggle actions, they're a little more fragile than the standard 10/22. You should put a Magpul stock on it... Magpul uses the PWS for demo pictures, and it looks amazing.

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    Wow, nice score. Be careful with those PWS toggle actions, they're a little more fragile than the standard 10/22. You should put a Magpul stock on it... Magpul uses the PWS for demo pictures, and it looks amazing.

Yes; fitting the barrel, adjusting the action and headspace was a chore. I got it all done and she works well. I learned a few things with this build.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005

They also used the 'cuda stock too. I had a pic saved (can't find it) from their facebook acct. Was in a barracuda stock with an aimpoint micro. Sexy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom