• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    The Llama while very close is not a direct replica of the 1911. A few parts may be drop in replacements while a good number of 1911 parts can be made to fit. Be prepared to replace the slide stop if you do much shooting. The through pin that holds the barrel link may bend and cause it to start malfunctioning. There used to be grips and sights and other parts available for upgrades. You may be able to still find them but you will just have to dig a little deeper.

Just curious, how much did it set you back?

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    So how much did they rape you for?

Really ???????? How much RAPING can be done on a inexpensive pistol ?
    30-50 at most . You know that they have right to make a profit .They have expenses in running a business. There is a lot of guys that think no one should make a dime on them that is not for real thinking.
    Do you work for a NON PROFIT company. I do not.

Last edited:

mstraus

Jul 23, 2009
    Frederick MD
    I feel I got a fair price. And great customer service. He is in business to make a living and I respect that. Lets just say it was very Near $400 and leave it at that. Plus a box of .45 acp in the deal.

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    I feel I got a fair price. And great customer service. He is in business to make a living and I respect that. Lets just say it was very Near $400 and leave it at that. Plus a box of .45 acp in the deal.
    That is the price range I was thinking and YES ! they do have GREAT service.
    You did not steal it from them and they did not RAPE you. A nice fair deal.

mstraus

Jul 23, 2009
    Frederick MD
    Picked up the Llama tonight. They gave me extra Mag. And even had the original Box. Confirmed the Manu Yr as 84. Stopped at Cabelas and picked up some Hormandy 230gr FMJ and some breech lock bushings for the lee press. Just waiting on the Dies to come in from Gander Mt.

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    30-50 at most .

You kidding? I've seen $300 Mosins, $700 WASRs, $400 Romanian Tokarevs, and the list goes on. It's one thing to charge enough for profit, it's another thing to charge like the apocalypse will arrive at the end of the month or as if we're living in some sort of alternate universe where Romanian surplus firearms are rare and valuable.

Some unsavory characters overcharge like this in the hope that a clueless buyer won't check prices first. If you add an extra 100% markup, you only have to sell half as many guns.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    30-50 at most . You know that they have right to make a profit .They have expenses in running a business. There is a lot of guys that think no one should make a dime on them that is not for real thinking.
    Do you work for a NON PROFIT company. I do not.

Well this is a comment without context. Reality is yes gun dealers, especially brick and mortar deserve a profit and I try to buy once a year from them, question is do they exceed MSRP (or GB average for used guns) by more than 100%? I dont know if I would call it rape, but I would call it a bad deal.

Supply and demand, and reality that repeat customers feel they got a fair deal is important.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If you like an asking price, buy it. If you don't either walk away, or make counter offer.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    My late shooting partner/ coworker Big Joe had a Llama .45. . was reliable, decent trigger, expected accuraccy level. He was pleased. Some of then had "dimential issues" , but his was good.

Llamas can be ok , so long as you are satisified with its configuration. If you want to extensivly modify it you will pull out your hair, and wish you had gotten a 1911 compatable gun.

mstraus

Jul 23, 2009
    Frederick MD
    Dies came today. Just finished 50 rounds 230gr fmj with 4.5gr Win 231. Did 5 rounds Lead RN 230 also from Alpha Bravo. Hope to get to range on Sat for test fire.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    I'm not certain if it's the same model or not but my Llama .45 had an extractor pin on the top of the slide that would sometimes work its way out. It's not the same set up as on a Colt, Springfield, or other 1911. ...just something to maybe watch...

L

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom