• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Loves Red Balloons
    MDS Supporter
    Anybody notice that the perp's truck pulled into and didn't back into the parking spot??? Not all that smart. If one is going to do something illegal during the time their vehicle is parked, it be best if the vehicle is BACKED into the parking spot for an easier and faster egress.

Probably female, most couldn't back a truck into a space to save their lives.

Was that sexist?

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Looks like raised white lettering on the tires too. Should not be hard to find that old Ranger if they are local. Wouldn't rule out southern PA as their stomping ground either. The tiny sliver of a front tag visible looks to be white though.

Ranger appears to be a 1993-1999 (our Ford truck aficionados can probably narrow it down even more :)). Wouldn't surprise me to learn it is pre-96 and has historic tags on it. Baddies who frequent the metal yards seems to be developing a real fondness for historic tagged trucks.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Probably female, most couldn't back a truck into a space to save their lives.

Was that sexist?

It prolly was sexist as I was going to make a comment in my post that it was most likely a female driver by not backing into the parking spot. Though I do know alotta' male drivers that can't back a vehicle into a parking spot to save their asses; must be the same ones that sit down when they piss.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    reported to police? i know real life is way diff than tv, but couldn't police run traffic cams, grab video from stores next door, etc to get another angle of that truck incl the plate? also prob too late now, but did they dust the counter area for prints? guessing all this not worth their time for a stolen purse. best of luck.

DrCatt

A Knight Without Armor
    Mar 11, 2013
    Carroll County
    I'll keep a lookout in northern CC if this turd is living up in PA.

Remember to look for all green rangers. Those high rails might be easily removed.

outrider58

Loves Red Balloons
    MDS Supporter
    It prolly was sexist as I was going to make a comment in my post that it was most likely a female driver by not backing into the parking spot. Though I do know alotta' male drivers that can't back a vehicle into a parking spot to save their asses; must be the same ones that sit down when they piss.

:lol: I think you're on to something there Lou.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    He looks a little old to be a punk, doesn't he? I guess it depends on your definition.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Any word if the large carry-out stop signs were moved so license plates aren't blocked? Doesn't look like it would have mattered with the the truck in question (out of frame), but still a good idea to move the signs.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    The video from the restaurant isn't good enough to read the plates, in fact it is so bad you can't even tell what state it is from....we tried to clear the video up the best we could and these were the best images we obtained.

If you posted the video on YouTube it might help some with identification.

There are video processing software products out there that can combine multiple, not-so-sharp frames, and generate sharp still images. RegiStax is one that I know of, that is used by amateur astronomers to produce detailed pictures of the moon and planets from multiple frames, but I don't know if it would work for this particular application.

Here's an example of how multiple frames can be combined into a final sharp image:

Attachments

• R5Figure10.jpg
      R5Figure10.jpg
      23.5 KB · Views: 388

rocksnsticks

Jan 20, 2013
    Westminster MD
    If you posted the video on YouTube it might help some with identification.

There are video processing software products out there that can combine multiple, not-so-sharp frames, and generate sharp still images. RegiStax is one that I know of, that is used by amateur astronomers to produce detailed pictures of the moon and planets from multiple frames, but I don't know if it would work for this particular application.

Here's an example of how multiple frames can be combined into a final sharp image:
    As far as the license plate….the camera angle along with the crappy video system prevented getting a good image of the plate…..they did hit the "stop sign" in the parking lot for take-out (figure they were a tad bit Impared"), yes it was female driving.

The frame rate for the system is 7 frames per second, so overlapping images for clarity is useless. We've used some of the best enhancement programs available with the original posted images being the end result.

A police report was completed and as expected there are much larger fish with which to concern their time.

Thanks to all that are keeping their heads on swivel looking for the vehicle. I figure with all of us out there they can't hide very long, or at the least let others in the community know to be aware less this happen to others. I appreciate the exposure and any tips are being forwarded to the appropriate law enforcement agency.

Aside from the fact that this happened to my daughter, the part that really upsets me is the total lack of concern from the business to enhance their security system for a decent system that captures identity quality images of people inside the restaurant and the placement of the cameras outside.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Aside from the fact that this happened to my daughter, the part that really upsets me is the total lack of concern from the business to enhance their security system for a decent system that captures identity quality images of people inside the restaurant and the placement of the cameras outside.
    That and they should supply their employees with a secure place to lock up their valuables while they are working

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom