• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Examples please??

Recently? How about then trying to sneak 8620 bolts into the hands of their customers. They were labeling them as Mil-Spec BCG's and when they got called out on it, they back peddled and said 8620 was Mil-Spec. It just happened to be an old specification replaced by a new one.

Just so you know, the old mil-spec for bolt material used to be 8620. It is now and has been for a while C-158.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Some people, like me, prefer to choose their own BCG. I bought a PSA upper, but got one of the JoeBob NiB group buy BCGs with CH, just because I thought that spending a little more on a high(er)-end BCG would be worth it in the long run.

I did some YouTube-research and watched a few of NeverEnuffAmmo's videos on AR basics and he said that the two most important areas where you're going to really want to spend the extra money to make sure you've got something good is with the BCG and the barrel, so I understand now.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I may have to get a $25,000 term life policy and karma off the beneficiary so when I'm killed on the first shot as the 8620 bolt explodes, and the New Frontier poly lower cracks into 70 razor sharp shards, at least one of us can have a nice windfall. :)

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I may have to get a $25,000 term life policy and karma off the beneficiary so when I'm killed on the first shot as the 8620 bolt explodes, and the New Frontier poly lower cracks into 70 razor sharp shards, at least one of us can have a nice windfall. :)

The bolt likely won't explode on the first shot unless you're shooting some hot reloads. Bolts will usually fail over time. They start to crack or the lugs start shearing. Depending on the quality of material they're built with along with the build quality will depend how long your bolt will last. It could last for 500 rounds without failure or it could last 20,000 rounds without failure. It's just a crap shoot.

jhcrab

Jun 28, 2012
    Howard Co.
    I just received a UPS tracking number from PSA. It does not say it has shipping but at least they have not forgotten about me. Tracking number shows 2 day delivery so once it hits the road it should be here fast.

When did you place your original order ?

Waz

SHAZAM!!!
    Dec 15, 2012
    Glen Burnie-ish
    My UPS tracking shows it will be here tomorrow. Still processing on the PSA site. Not too bad, one week with a holiday.

mine too. says signature required though and i don't think there will be anyone home when they show...

it's been a while since i had to go to ups to pick something up. you cant send someone else to get it can you?

maddogthegreatest

Nov 19, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I received my PSA lower part kit couple of days ago...with 1 day later than UPS scheduled delivery date.

I also received UPS email about this upper kit order will be delivered on tomorrow...
    But..still the package have not pick up from the PSA..

I guess I will receive my new toy next week sometime....:D

dragonfire1911

Recently? How about then trying to sneak 8620 bolts into the hands of their customers. They were labeling them as Mil-Spec BCG's and when they got called out on it, they back peddled and said 8620 was Mil-Spec. It just happened to be an old specification replaced by a new one.

Just so you know, the old mil-spec for bolt material used to be 8620. It is now and has been for a while C-158.

Some manufacturers use 8620 on the BC but C-158 on the actual bolt. Does this make any difference?

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Some manufacturers use 8620 on the BC but C-158 on the actual bolt. Does this make any difference?

No, 8620 is completely fine for the carrier. It's when it's used for the bolt when it could become an issue. The carrier itself doesn't take near the amount of pressure that is exerted on the bolt.

Waz

SHAZAM!!!
    Dec 15, 2012
    Glen Burnie-ish
    No, 8620 is completely fine for the carrier. It's when it's used for the bolt when it could become an issue. The carrier itself doesn't take near the amount of pressure that is exerted on the bolt.

this is why i'm in this forum... to learn stuff :thumbsup:

bigdummy30

Feb 2, 2009
    Finksburg,MD

that would be A example....to say a company is shady because of one mishap is kinda misleading about an otherwise fine company...

And I've heard many people state they don't care what the bolt is made of ,they just want them because they can't find anymore....

With places like Aero precision,Cheaper than dirt and countless others who sold and charged for things they didnt have in stock is truly shady but to each their own....i still stand behind my statement of PSA being overall awesome to deal with ...

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    With places like Aero precision,Cheaper than dirt and countless others who sold and charged for things they didnt have in stock is truly shady but to each their own....i still stand behind my statement of PSA being overall awesome to deal with ...
    Normally, I wouldn't be quite this confrontational. You just lost all credibility with that statement. I say this having ordered several AR15s worth of parts from PSA. You can argue that they offer some good parts at good prices, but "awesome to deal with". :lol2:

I watched the whole 8620 bolt thing unfold on AR15.com PSA knew what they were doing trying to dump those.

The keyholing 5.45x39 upper thing is looking interesting too. They burned me on one of those. I have never received any sort of response regarding that.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    that would be A example....to say a company is shady because of one mishap is kinda misleading about an otherwise fine company...

And I've heard many people state they don't care what the bolt is made of ,they just want them because they can't find anymore....

Just for the record, I never said PSA was shady. I was supplying an example for someone else who made the comment.

To be honest, my next upper will come from PSA but I will not use their BCG or the stock charging handle they use. I know that I will get a decent upper from PSA but I'm not expecting DD or BCM type quality.

bigdummy30

Feb 2, 2009
    Finksburg,MD
    Normally, I wouldn't be quite this confrontational. You just lost all credibility with that statement. I say this having ordered several AR15s worth of parts from PSA. You can argue that they offer some good parts at good prices, but "awesome to deal with". :lol2:

I watched the whole 8620 bolt thing unfold on AR15.com PSA knew what they were doing trying to dump those.

The keyholing 5.45x39 upper thing is looking interesting too. They burned me on one of those. I have never received any sort of response regarding that.
    to me they have been awesome..

I've ordered from Sportsman's guide and stuff comes back as backordered for 4 months, cheaper than dirt quadrupled prices,optics planet showed in stock on several items on several different orders and ive been waiting over a month for in stock offset picatinny rails that were backordered AFTER i ordered,ive had cabelas cancel ammo orders after 5 months of back orders, midway and natchezss limit their ammo sales and jack up shipping ,brownells backordered after they showed in stock,Shadow ops is over a month behind on a 6 month preorder......

So YES, PSA has sent every single item ive ordered in a semi decent time frame ,at an affordable price and shipping cost.....yes ,in a full on gun panic they TRIED to get any BCG they could to sell but in the grand scheme of things they have been "awesome to deal with"

Edit: and I love how people buy stuff without asking questions then blame the company....did PSA lie to anyone or simply go by an old mil spec??...seems to me that " what material are these made of would be the first question i asked " ...unless of course you were sooooo eager to buy a BCG that you bought the first thing in stock...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom