• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wade234

Feb 12, 2011
    Mechanicsville, MD
    They don't have anything on their site about a cancellation fee. They just say it can't be reversed. I guess I will just wait it out. I can't find anything in stock even close to the price.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    That used to be a major point of contention with them. Maybe they did away with it. They got flamed pretty good on ar15.com about that, but it was clearly stated. Check out their industry forum, but keep in mind that PSA has the power to delete/edit threads, and they most certainly do.

Waz

SHAZAM!!!
    Dec 15, 2012
    Glen Burnie-ish
    FOR THE PRICE it is decent, but if you aren't hard up for $ and can afford an extra $100-150 I'd avoid it. Just my opinion.

awesome, thanks!

still weighing my options. the price point is a huge factor because my wife is opposed to spending any money that doesn't contribute to home aesthetics :rolleyes:

Waz

SHAZAM!!!
    Dec 15, 2012
    Glen Burnie-ish
    Thinking about canceling my order. Anyone have a recommendation on a decent cheap upper? Does anyone have experience with Classic Firearms?

if you looking for cheap... i was checking out http://www.model1sales.com/

i don't know too much about they're quality... shoot. i don't know too much about them at all really. but they've got quite a few options. i had my cart loaded and ready to check out when i saw this thread for the PSA uppers. :thumbsup:

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    This upper, combined with the $150 New Frontier poly lower from JoeBob's makes a nice $550 complete rifle.

I don't anticipate having to fight off waves of Charlie, and it will not be a home defense rifle, so I'm not the least bit sorry I got one.

In time, I'll get an extra BCG, but it makes sense to have spare parts for any gun.

Waz

SHAZAM!!!
    Dec 15, 2012
    Glen Burnie-ish
    This upper, combined with the $150 New Frontier poly lower from JoeBob's makes a nice $550 complete rifle.

I don't anticipate having to fight off waves of Charlie, and it will not be a home defense rifle, so I'm not the least bit sorry I got one.

In time, I'll get an extra BCG, but it makes sense to have spare parts for any gun.

i'm with you. i hadn't put priority on getting an AR until SB281... i only feel like i need one now because i MD says i cant have one later :tdown:

wade234

Feb 12, 2011
    Mechanicsville, MD
    Same here, never had any interest before. Now I will have 3. I wonder how many of these $550 builds will be showing up in the classified in August for $800?

i'm with you. i hadn't put priority on getting an AR until SB281... i only feel like i need one now because i MD says i cant have one later :tdown:

Dave T

Noob question: Why are uppers sold without BCG's & charging handles so often?

A noob... with almost 2,000 posts?... :)

I guess one approach could be to swap a BCG between multiple builds to save some money. Unless you need them all functional at all times for when that day comes. The other end of that debate would be from those who says it's best to have a spare BCG on hand.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    A noob... with almost 2,000 posts?... :)

I guess one approach could be to swap a BCG between multiple builds to save some money. Unless you need them all functional at all times for when that day comes. The other end of that debate would be from those who says it's best to have a spare BCG on hand.

A noob to firearms and MDS, no. Noob to AR's, yes. ;) lol

Thanks.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Bolt. It is the standard material for the carrier. However, PSA switches stuff around a good bit. I think we will start seeing more 9310 bolts. 9310 is fine if done correctly. 8620 is not. It looks like PSA ordered a bunch of the 8620 bolts thinking people wouldn't know/care. They initially tried to sneak them in without telling anybody, got called on it, tried to cover it up, and then had to back pedal. Now they clearly state when it is an 8620 bolt. This all unfolded on AR15.com, but unfortunately PSA deleted/edited most of the threads.

I don't know who's making these for AIM, but I've found AIM to be a stand up company.
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XDADBCG10016

wade234

Feb 12, 2011
    Mechanicsville, MD
    I just received a UPS tracking number from PSA. It does not say it has shipping but at least they have not forgotten about me. Tracking number shows 2 day delivery so once it hits the road it should be here fast.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    My mags,complete rifles and complete uppers have all shipped lately within a few days to a little over a week from psa,last 2 batches of receivers took than 2 weeks,shipping is improving and always been a good product for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom