• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amickey1979

Feb 15, 2008
    Easton, ES of MD
    Ordered a complete upper for my PSA lower...now the wait begins. Next I have to decide on glass. Suggestions? Will be plinking and hunting within 500 yds. Pic to follow.

:party29:

amickey1979

Feb 15, 2008
    Easton, ES of MD
    AR10

Looking spend less than $500 on scope. I went with the 18 in SS Mid Length with the bolt carrier and charging handle included. It was $499 plus shipping.

hard_core_emt

Mar 21, 2010
    Oakland, MD
    I have a Nikon M-308 on my Black Rain Ordnance. $500 and came with a 1 piece base . Its one of 5 Nikon scopes i own and i couldn't expect more out of them .The BDC is easy to use with the Nikon Spot on app . Can figure any load and get the exact yardage for each dot .

Attachments

• 20150328_164041.jpg
      20150328_164041.jpg
      51.3 KB · Views: 506

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    PSA AR10 type rifles were very problematic with being out of spec. They wouldn't take a Geissele without heavy mods. Perhaps they have fixed this, but beware.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    PSA AR10 type rifles were very problematic with being out of spec. They wouldn't take a Geissele without heavy mods. Perhaps they have fixed this, but beware.

This.

I would buy a complete gun if I were you. Better chance everything fits. Holding off on building my lower until they get their shit figured out.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    From what I've seen in the reviews on other sites, their upper and lower are proprietary parts.
    This.

I would buy a complete gun if I were you. Better chance everything fits. Holding off on building my lower until they get their shit figured out.

Yest...

The deal I listed is a kit with upper and all other parts plus their lower. That way everything will fit as it is all their proprietary parts in one sale. I know they make a proprietary rifle. But as long as you use all parts from PSA, they get pretty good reviews and you're getting a AR10/PSA10 for a lot less than other .308s. In fact it is cheaper than some Mini 14s.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    From what I've seen in the reviews on other sites, their upper and lower are proprietary parts.

Yest...

The deal I listed is a kit with upper and all other parts plus their lower. That way everything will fit as it is all their proprietary parts in one sale. I know they make a proprietary rifle. But as long as you use all parts from PSA, they get pretty good reviews and you're getting a AR10/PSA10 for a lot less than other .308s. In fact it is cheaper than some Mini 14s.

I love their ar-15 deals, best bang for your buck that there is, have bought a bunch. But I have done research and their ar-10s are having problems. It's not as easy as copying the industry standard because there is no standard.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Agreed!

The AR10 and SR25/DPMS .308 have no standard and companies keep introducing more new non compatible designs. It's really stupid on every level. The only one that makes sense is the new DPMS G2 as it's attempting to make the rifle smaller and lighter. The rest are just being different to be different unless there's some legal patent reasoning.

The PSA AR 10 may be fine, and it's a great deal but PSA has some of the worst Customer Service in the industry for the moment. If you buy one YOU will be troubleshooting it or paying a smith to fix it in the high likelyhood there is a problem.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    Agreed!

The AR10 and SR25/DPMS .308 have no standard and companies keep introducing more new non compatible designs. It's really stupid on every level. The only one that makes sense is the new DPMS G2 as it's attempting to make the rifle smaller and lighter. The rest are just being different to be different unless there's some legal patent reasoning.

The PSA AR 10 may be fine, and it's a great deal but PSA has some of the worst Customer Service in the industry for the moment. If you buy one YOU will be troubleshooting it or paying a smith to fix it in the high likelyhood there is a problem.

whoa... that was some reasonable logic, i am somewhat scared of where this thread is going to go.

granted, at 719 for the complete rifle... it is hard to beat right now.
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/inde...10-carbine-length-308-win-1-10-nitride-rifle/

although i am curious what the "mil spec" is for parts of a rifle that isn't a military rifle.

i mean i know 7075 aluminum is mil spec for a lot of things, more than just rifles... and coating has a mil spec... but it is funny how many times "mil-spec" is thrown around.

Truthlesshero81

Sep 30, 2011
    I ordered a lower this morning and I just got an email from them canceling the order, says they don't ship lowers to md...sigh...maybe it's a blessing in disguise

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom