• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    The Handgun Roster lists about 20 Palmetto State Armory Pistols that have been "not disapproved."

Check again BY MODEL NUMBER.

If that's not conclusive, open the Petition and request it be added yourself. ANYONE can petition MSP to add ANY handgun to the roster.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    AK-104 N/A 7.62X39mm
    AK-47 GF3 PISTOL 5165500467, 5165500468, 5165500469, 5165500968, N/A 7.62X39mm
    AK-P 5165450735, 5165458038, 5165458048, 5165490429, 5165490604, 5165490607, 5165490608, 5165490609, N/A 7.62X39mm
    AK-V N/A 9 mm
    AR-V 5655024877, 5655024879, 5655102565, N/A 9 mm
    PX9 N/A 9 mm

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

Attachments

• 20211011_165808.jpg
      20211011_165808.jpg
      135.9 KB · Views: 409

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    Buying a lower and then tossing an upper on it makes things easier in a lot of ways. It also means you don't need a HQL. HQLs aren't necessary for buying a lower receiver.

Ive never really thought of doing it this way. So if I buy an upper, it will be shipped to my house directly? And if I buy a lower, it will be shipped to an FFL for background checking?

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Ive never really thought of doing it this way. So if I buy an upper, it will be shipped to my house directly? And if I buy a lower, it will be shipped to an FFL for background checking?
    Yup, uppers are just gun parts, so they come to your door.

I'd just check what lowers local gun shops have in stock. It's probably cheaper to just buy something in stock than to pay transfer fees. Make sure it's transferred as a receiver "x" so you can them toss a pistol upper on. Obviously also make sure there's no stock on it to comply with nfa, so bare tube or one of the braces.

outrider58

Loves Red Balloons
    MDS Supporter
    Yup, uppers are just gun parts, so they come to your door.

I'd just check what lowers local gun shops have in stock. It's probably cheaper to just buy something in stock than to pay transfer fees. Make sure it's transferred as a receiver "x" so you can them toss a pistol upper on. Obviously also make sure there's no stock on it to comply with nfa, so bare tube or one of the braces.

Is also a good way to sell AR pistol builds in Merryland. In this case, transfer the lower through an FFL and sell the upper outright.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I have never purchased a complete lower, building up stripped Lowers is just too much fun and does not cost much in tools. The experience you get makes it easier when you go to swap in a better trigger too.
    Plus the Lower purchase from a local Gunshop keeps you from paying a big Xfer fee. All the rest of the "kit" parts come straight to door.

Just sayin.

JustCallMeDad

Oct 8, 2021
    Not to sure, but honestly the best way to go about it would be to buy a complete upper and lower and slap it together yourself.

JustCallMeDad

Oct 8, 2021
    Not to mention I believe palmetto will not ship any complete rifles to the state of MD, because our laws are so crazy they dont want to deal with the trouble, but they will ship lowers to ffls and uppers / other parts to your door.

Dec 29, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Not to mention I believe palmetto will not ship any complete rifles to the state of MD, because our laws are so crazy they dont want to deal with the trouble, but they will ship lowers to ffls and uppers / other parts to your door.

They cancelled my order for a complete lower, so I don't think they'll sell just lowers to poor MD residents. Classic Firearms and Primary Arms were easy though.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    They’ll sell them to your ffl

COACH1106

Jun 18, 2020
    HANOVER MD

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I have never purchased a complete lower, building up stripped Lowers is just too much fun and does not cost much in tools. The experience you get makes it easier when you go to swap in a better trigger too.
    Plus the Lower purchase from a local Gunshop keeps you from paying a big Xfer fee. All the rest of the "kit" parts come straight to door.

Just sayin.
    Even building an entire AR with parts from the ground up isn't terribly difficult - ARs are Legos. It requires a few tools in addition to the tools and supplies you'd need for a lower:

• Torque wrench
    • barrel nut wrench
    • barrel dimple jig - this is only if your barrel wasn't previously dimpled, and it's not absolutely necessary, but it does help to align the gas block
    • AeroShell 33MS / 64 Gun Grease - this is for the barrel nut and flash suppressor install
    • upper receiver vise block - holds the upper so you can properly install parts like the barrel and flash suppressor
    • go/no-go headspace gauge - might not be absolutely necessary as most barrels will headspace properly, but it's a good idea

Once you have those tools, everything else is pretty simple.

outrider58

Loves Red Balloons
    MDS Supporter
    Even building an entire AR with parts from the ground up isn't terribly difficult - ARs are Legos. It requires a few tools in addition to the tools and supplies you'd need for a lower:

• Torque wrench
    • barrel nut wrench
    • barrel dimple jig - this is only if your barrel wasn't previously dimpled, and it's not absolutely necessary, but it does help to align the gas block
    • AeroShell 33MS / 64 Gun Grease - this is for the barrel nut and flash suppressor install
    • upper receiver vise block - holds the upper so you can properly install parts like the barrel and flash suppressor
    • go/no-go headspace gauge - might not be absolutely necessary as most barrels will headspace properly, but it's a good idea

Once you have those tools, everything else is pretty simple.

They're easy until there's a problem. The funny thing about ARs is, in many cases, too much of something has the same result as not enough of something. That's when multiple ARs are a necessity in use as test beds in chasing down problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom