• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Tell me what you think. Deaf ears and all...but it's a starting point.

In the lean manufacturing philosophy, defects are seen not as a problem with the employee that caused them but as a management issue. Management should implement processes in order to keep a defect introduced - at any level - from making it into production.

The carelessness with which my and my fellow firearm purchasers' personal information was treated by the Maryland State Police and other government agencies is the defect that was allowed to go into production. There are laws and policies already in existence that are supposed to protect our information; they were not followed; I would submit that they were carelessly and flagrantly violated.

This defect is a management problem.

The Maryland Legislature and the rest of the government of the State of Maryland in their role as management must take action here and hold people accountable for the decisions they made that led to these procedures not being followed.

To those who will not act: you do nothing but further the narrative that there are two kinds of people in this state - those that enforce the law, and those that must obey it.

To those who will act: your actions will be remembered during the 2014 elections.

Thank you.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    You're right, but what part of the proposed regulations are you commenting upon? What part of the regulations are not in line with the law?

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Benanov, I think you have what is occurring today mistaken. Today is about the regulations that are proposed to enforce SB281. It has nothing to do with the 77r fiasco.

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Benanov, I think you have what is occurring today mistaken. Today is about the regulations that are proposed to enforce SB281. It has nothing to do with the 77r fiasco.

Yeah, it's pretty easy to be confused about this. Delegate Mike seemed to be hyping up this hearing like it was the end-all-be-all to the 77R fiasco.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    The hearing and rally are important for us as a show of unity, and to remind the critters we haven't gone away.

Testimony should be specific to the COMAR discrepancies, yes, but outside we're free to talk about pretty much all of it.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Yeah, it's pretty easy to be confused about this. Delegate Mike seemed to be hyping up this hearing like it was the end-all-be-all to the 77R fiasco.

Yes, yes it is. There is a lot to keep up with right now, and will continue for a long time. As Mr. H stated, outside during the rally, all and everything is being discussed. I just hope I can make a showing this afternoon even if it is just to sign the book that I was there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom