• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chappy444

Feb 15, 2013
    time to make some calls.

SEC. 101. DO-IT-YOURSELF ASSAULT WEAPON BAN.
    (b) Prohibited Acts- It shall be unlawful for any person to sell, offer for sale, manufacture for sale, or import into the United States for sale, to a consumer–

(1) an assault weapon parts kit; or

SEC. 103. DEFINITIONS.
    (a) Terms- For purposes of this title–

(1) the term ‘assault weapon parts kit’ means any part or combination of parts not designed and intended for repair or replacement but designed and intended to enable a consumer who possesses all such necessary parts to assemble a semiautomatic assault weapon;

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/gun-l...ar-15-lower-parts-kits-barrels-and-receivers/

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    This seems to be an enhancement of the crap Feinschwein wanted to force through after December. The Santa Monica shooting spree brought the 80% lowers into the mix.

They are looking for any way possible to cripple and dry up the firearms industry, regardless of the effects.

Kelson1066

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2012
    Frederick County
    Trying to take another bite at the apple I think this will be a harder sell if you ban 80% then someone will come up with 75% and it will go on and on until you ban the sale of aluminum, polymers, etc.

I think this also limits access to spare parts because some vendors will say that since they cannot confirm the part is for a currently existing firearm "better safe than sorry."

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    time to make some calls.

SEC. 101. DO-IT-YOURSELF ASSAULT WEAPON BAN.
    (b) Prohibited Acts- It shall be unlawful for any person to sell, offer for sale, manufacture for sale, or import into the United States for sale, to a consumer–

(1) an assault weapon parts kit; or

SEC. 103. DEFINITIONS.
    (a) Terms- For purposes of this title–

(1) the term ‘assault weapon parts kit’ means any part or combination of parts not designed and intended for repair or replacement but designed and intended to enable a consumer who possesses all such necessary parts to assemble a semiautomatic assault weapon;

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/gun-l...ar-15-lower-parts-kits-barrels-and-receivers/

So when is a repair kit not a repair kit? Only the shadow knows...

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Haha, an 80% ban. These stooges are hilarious. What are they going to ban next, blocks of aluminum?

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Haha, an 80% ban. These stooges are hilarious. What are they going to ban next, blocks of aluminum?

They could ban the manufacture of "assault weapons" whether for resale or personal consumption.

Easy to say that this will go nowhere. My parents kept telling me SB28 wasn't going anywhere at all and that I should stop looking at houses in Richmond. Yeah, look how that went.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co

Umm, kits don't come with all the necessary parts. No receivers, no barrels.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Can we just set some shaped charges on the san andreas fault and lose these california dumbasses and the state into the pacific ocean.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County

Umm, kits don't come with all the necessary parts. No receivers, no barrels.

That is the nugget that needs to be focused on. Then they will strip out not designed and intended for repair or replacement but and then we have a real problem.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    That is the nugget that needs to be focused on. Then they will strip out not designed and intended for repair or replacement but and then we have a real problem.

Not very likely. A ban on springs?

Would lead to a national firearms Lic in order to allow enforcement. I think we have enough gun friendly states to keep it at bay for a while.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    They could ban the manufacture of "assault weapons" whether for resale or personal consumption.

Easy to say that this will go nowhere. My parents kept telling me SB28 wasn't going anywhere at all and that I should stop looking at houses in Richmond. Yeah, look how that went.

As much as I wish my post were 100% sarcastic, I fully agree with you. I don't remember where I read it, but I did see a proposed law that effectively did ban certain types of materials due to the ability to make them into firearms. It was some very vague language.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013

Yes they could.. but there is that pesky 10th amendment and the 2nd and the 4th and f...k the 5th.

I think they are OK with parts of the first....

Really we need to stay alert to be sure. But we have issues that are more likely -- like an ammo tax or log...

Not suggesting complacency just focus in tactical order....

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Would you REALLY want Feinschwein grabbing YOUR PARTS? :-) Not me, I stopped taking those home about 30 years ago.................ok.....20 years ago :-)

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I see this one going nowhere. The libs are reaching as usual, but highly doubt anything comes of it.

+1 here - It is unlikely that they will be able to ban parts if they weren't able to pass an all out ban. As someone else said, there are enough gun friendly states to keep legislation like this from passing on a Federal level.

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    +1 here - It is unlikely that they will be able to ban parts if they weren't able to pass an all out ban. As someone else said, there are enough gun friendly states to keep legislation like this from passing on a Federal level.

There are enough gun friendly states now.... but that will not be the case 10 years after immigration reform. Remember california used to be gun friendly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom